Install dual boot with Windows 10

Thanks, but I don’t need to run them both concurrently, I just didn’t want to lose the windows install.

Yes, thanks, I’d heard that but I wanted to keep the install as it is now not as it was on arrival. Anyway, I’m all good, poised to go with the dedicated SSD.

Thanks

Hi, having the same wishes, I cannot have 2 drives in my small setup (only 1 possible SATA drive, ald low power); that’s why the request to put both OSes on the same drive (where Win10 is preinstalled) can be relevant. I tried too, but have difficulties to have a GRUB-like boot menu to switch between 2 OSes (with HAOS coming with 8 partitions and Win10 with 2+ partitions). Any positive experience with HAOS in multiboot on the same drive is welcome !

You need to deactivate SecureBoot for GRUB and HAOS to work, but what that means for Windows I do not know. You might have to reinstall Windows then.

SecureBoot might be required for a TPM chip to work correctly and a TPM chip is required for Windows 11. Windows 10 will be deprecated in October 2025, so it is a limited time anyway.

Really there is no point in dual booting. You need an ha machine on 24/7.

1 Like

And if you are just trying it out and still need to run windows while experimenting, install on a USB device, and boot from that. When you don’t want ha, reboot and remove the USB once the machine stops.