Install failing with the AIO installer

the AIO was apparently written on rasbian (full) and not lite. Once i switched to that version, the AIO script worked flawlessly. It’s apparently assuming some dependencies are installed that are not under rasbian lite.

I would have preferred to not have to uninstall all the extra gui stuff, but that’s easier than trying to figure out the dependencies lite needs installed.

Once i get z-wave working like i want, and understand how HA works better, i plan on using one of my Pi 2’s to figure out what the light version needs.

@tkintenn it is designed to work on lite, the shell script gets all the dependencies it needs already. It’s just that a minor bug was introduced in the latest patch fix.

The error you are seeing now is a result of that bug. I’ve submitted a pull request to the developer that fixes this which I’ve tested successfully on lite.

ahh… well i thought it was strange but didn’t have time to go back through the output. I would have prefered lite but I have it up and running, first z-wave device attached.

ah nice, haven’t tried out any z-wave but I’ve been using the mqtt broker. It’s great to have it all in one install! Hope you get it all working as you want.

Thanks, it worked that way, so an installation on raspian lite IS possible… you just have to delete the fabric-folder and re-run the installer a second time.

@OsiBE @tkintenn The maintainer of the script has updated it with the required changes. This should work correctly on both current raspbian versions now.

All issues in this thread are resolved and none of the workarounds mentioned above are required.

Still having AIO installer issues, getting the following errors:
localhost] out: Checking connectivity… done.
[localhost] out:

[localhost] sudo: mkdir libcec/build
[localhost] sudo: cmake -DRPI_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include -DRPI_LIB_DIR=/opt/vc/lib …
[localhost] out: /bin/bash: cmake: command not found
[localhost] out:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 127 while executing ‘cmake -DRPI_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include -DRPI_LIB_DIR=/opt/vc/lib …’!

[localhost] sudo: make -j4
[localhost] out: make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
[localhost] out:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 2 while executing ‘make -j4’!

[localhost] sudo: make install
[localhost] out: make: *** No rule to make target ‘install’. Stop.
[localhost] out:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 2 while executing ‘make install’!

[localhost] sudo: ldconfig
[localhost] sudo: ln -s /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cec /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages
[localhost] out: ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages’: No such file or directory
[localhost] out:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 1 while executing ‘ln -s /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cec /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages’!

Broadcast message from pi@raspberrypi on pts/1 (Wed 2017-03-15 15:24:22 UTC):

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

Any thoughts? I have tried this on a clean install AND the device I am trying to install on. I need some other software… long story involving UART and a lot of nightmares…
Please help!

This is a whole new problem @sisensee , you should open a bug request on github.