Install hass.io addons to normal (pip install) home-assistant instance

I want to use the TasmoAdmin HASS addon but there do not seem to be instructions to install onto normal pip install of home-assistant. It seems like the reason is because its simple but I dont have any experience with docker and that seems to be why I am missing the point.
I know its possible because @digiblur did this exact thing here

Hopefully someone can tell me what to do.
Thanks.

Why not just install docker? It’s really simple and solves many issues you might have with trying to find different packages and what not.

If you had docker install it would be one simple command to get it TasmoAdmin up and running. They do have other install types though: https://github.com/reloxx13/TasmoAdmin/wiki/Guide-for-Ubuntu-Server-16.04

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought that there was a difference between tasmoadmin for HASS and tasmoadmin as web-based admin page. I was under the impression that the HASS version integrated with HASS and wanted to try that out. I currently have HASS installed without docker and having no experience using docker don’t know how to migrate over. Is it really worth doing?
Rereading your post I may have misunderstood. Are you suggesting to move the whole HASS install to a docker install or just add docker and use that to install the add-ons?

the config directory can be moved from install to install…

ok. With docker install what would the steps be to install tasmoadmin? I migrated (testing) HASS to docker install. Still not sure how to install tasmoadmin not having hass.io
Thanks.

https://hub.docker.com/r/raymondmm/tasmoadmin/

It’s as simple as running a single command with the right parameters

To add as well… Right there in the Wiki.

to clarify it for you and for others that seek this kind of info:

an addon is a wrapper around an existing program, almost all of those programs existed before the wrapper was created.
what does the addon do?
it makes that the program can easily be installed on hassio and in a lot of cases it also makes sure that some settings are already set. (with in mind it can easily communicate with HA)
so it is (also) there to do the things that you normally need to do yourself (configure settings)

when you dont want to use hassio, it is most of the time that you want more freedom. you want to be able to put things together yourselve. so you normally DONT want someone else to preconfigure your settings.

so if you see an addon you like, then find that program and install it “the normal way” and configure it yourself.

addons are created for hassio, like microsoft office is created for windows.

as it in this case goes about tasmoadmin, you go to the github from tasmoadmin and you find there a few ways to install that program: docker, hassio addon, windows and linux.
the normal pip install way would be the linux install, now you have changed to docker so you choose the docker install, and for someone with hassio it would be the addon.

i hope that makes things more clear.

Here is a link to a YouTube video that also shows a way to install TasmoAdmin in Docker:

Managing Tasmota Sonoffs with TasmoAdmin in Docker!!