Install Home Assistant, Mosquitto broker and Node-Red on android

… I actually ended up just doing pip install cryptography to get the latest version, because 0.35.0 is not compatible with Python 3.10. Then I git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/home-assistant/core.git, cd to that dir, then vimed setup.py just to require plain pip and cryptography rather than their pinned variants. Then running python setup.py develop in that directory installed a version of hass that seems to work, other than it failing to install some dependencies itself when I first ran it (so I did pip install pyotp==2.6.0 PyQRCode==1.2.1 sqlalchemy==1.4.27 to bring in the ones it was looking for).

1 Like

I tried to follow your advice.
But I’m stuck to the point:
pip install homeassistant
It gives me errors.

Can you help install?

Thank you!

What errors are you seeing?

Help me!

I think I remember something like this.
Can you try:

export CRYPTOGRAPHY_DONT_BUILD_RUST=1
pip install cryptography==3.4.6 

to get cryptography installed then try again

pip install homeassistant

I can’t remember if I did install rust to get crypto installed

I have tried but I have the same error…

While using command pip install homeassitant got the error “failed to build cryptography”

Pls help

If you look a few posts before this is a known issue with HA on termux. In those posts are some fixes you can try. Also you can try to install older version of HA like 2021.11.5. But as i sad many times before, with every new version of android it is getting increasingly harder to install HA on termux. You should start looking into other platforms. Good luck.

1 Like

Postmarket os seems to be a good alternative
https://postmarketos.org/

Using docker homeassistant run pretty well

2 Likes

Hi, has anyone been able to install the latest version with termux? what packages have you used (nexus 7) or what version of HASS and packages are correct? i am using LineageOs 18 flox (Android 11).

1 Like

Hi,

I’m a new home assistant’s user. I already have installed it on my Samsung S8. Could you show me where to connect a Zigbee dongle (mine is Conbee II) like you do?

Thanks.

I was using a usb hub connected over type c and attached my dongle over usb hub. Of course, termux was not able to access the usb device, so i was running usb to tcp application running under android and using tcp based ZigBee connection.

But but but, i am a software engineer and has time and patience to fight with small issues. Even then, i just gave up and migrated into more solid environment (pi or computer), this is not healthy in long run.

Hi, use lineage 18.1 on my LG g2 d800, so ove trying to install HASS via termux but… So ive try apply commands from forum, but nothing too, anyone who have alredy install hass contact me in telegram(link down) plz, i need your help

So i have the trouble with building cryptography, then the process stops automatically

There are instructions for python in termux wiki
https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Python
First determine CPU architecture with uname -m.
Then depending on your cpu architecture run
export CARGO_BUILD_TARGET=armv7-linux-androideabi
or
export CARGO_BUILD_TARGET=aarch64-linux-android
Hope this helps.

How did you get HAOS run on Le Potato? Just bought it and can’t boot any other images than those offered by Libre Computer…

I didn’t use HAOS just debian image with HA core python installation. I don’t use Le Potato anymore because it became incompatible with newer versions of Home Assistant.

1 Like

Home assistant 0.75.3

Installing some ancient version of HA in termux is a no go. Termux is a rolling release and, by default, it uses python 11. You can try to downgrade python 11 to python 10 and then try to install the latest version of HA. But it will probably break soon after you upgrade HA of termux. Try to find some other platform to run HA. Good luck.

Thank you. But somehow I was able to install home assistant.But I was unable to find addons store.Can u please help me with that.

only core version can be installed in termux, so no addons