Install Home Assistant, Mosquitto broker and Node-Red on android

thank you for your quick reply.

had a few teething problems though after uninstalling it all and starting again it appears to be working fine how … thank you again

Now there is a way to install latest homeassistant on termux. Download all 3 files from this link. Extract them with gunzip. And install with dpkg -i.

1 Like

thanks I’ll try it later :love_you_gesture:

Hi there,
I’ve sucessfully made a fresh install the latest version of Hass (0.79) with your files shared above.

But i’m facing an issue with smartthings-mqtt-bridge with this fresh install
I keep getting the following error :

“Error [ERR_INSPECTOR_NOT_AVAILABLE]: Inspector is not available”

any idea if it is TERMUX related ? it used to work on my previous config.

Is that error on smartthings-mqtt-bridge install or on bridge startup?

The error is on bridge startup with pm2. No error during install with npm.

On my phone i started bridge with pm2 without any error. My termux is updated, node 10.11.0, npm 6.4.1. and pm2 is 2.7.1.

I was at pm2 3.1.3. Revert back to 2.7.1 and now its working ! thanks for your help

2.10.4 version of pm2 also works.

hi,

got back into trying to get this working and hit the following error…

in typing

$ pm2 logs hass

i get the following preceded by " 0 Ihass I" in green

Fatal error: specified configuration directory does not exist /data/data/com/termux/files/home/.homeassistant

anyone help?

thank you in advance.

Is hass working if you start it just with command

hass

without pm2?

yes, and I think i found my problem. a typing error on my part.

i typed in /data/data/com/termux/…

it should be /data/data/com.termux/…

going to try that and see how I get on

thanks !

its all running now, just my typing error…

can anyone point me in the right direction on how to set this up to run with my broadlink rm pro+ and alexa?

everything i can find is for a gui and not command line.

thank you all again…

Hi vladosam
Tried to follow yr instruktion by installing with dpkg the three files, but latest homeassistant fails anyway with following msg:

Blockquote
backend.c:15:10: fatal error: ‘ffi.h’ file not found #include <ffi.h> ^~~~~~~ 1 error generated.
error: command ‘arm-linux-androideabi-clang’ failed with exit status 1

The missing file ffi.h might be some follow on error since I receive som warnings earlier:

Blockquote
warning: downgrading openssl from 1.1.1a to 1.1.1-2

Similar warnings for the other two.

Then some more errors like:

Blockquote
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Setup script exited with error: command ‘arm-linux-androideabi-clang’ failed with exit status 1
Failed building wheel for cryptography

Tried with and without the three openssl dev files, but same errors received. Not sure what to test next, could you give a hint?

Many thanks

There is no need for those three files anymore. Openssl is fixed now. Did you try to upgrade all termux packages with pkg up?

Yes, it says “all packages are up to date.”
Not sure if I messed it up because the openssl pkg was already updated when I run the three files, but after that I run a new pkg up so I assume that overrides.

That could be your problem. Did you tried to reinstall all three openssl packages and then try to reinstall hass. Maybe in virtual env? I can upgrade hass to 0.83 without any problem on my phone.

OK, good to hear, then I continue with uninstall/install.
Thanks

No success so far, tried to uninstall openssl but due to dependencies this was not really possible so I re-installed termux and started all over. Still no success even though there were no warnings from openssl, just the final error of missing ffi.h file.
So I factory reset my phone and started all over, still no success and the same error:

Blockquote
c/_cffi_backend.c:15:10: fatal error: ‘ffi.h’ file not found
#include <ffi.h>
^~~~~~~
1 error generated.
error: command ‘arm-linux-androideabi-clang’ failed with exit status 1

No warnings prior this error.
Tried also with upgraded pip but that did not change anything.

The only installation that works is this:
python3 -m pip install homeassistant==0.75.3
but no higher…
Any hint to go forward is appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Did you install libffi-dev?

pkg install libffi-dev
1 Like