Install homeassistant 2021 in raspberry pi 4 os

Hello to all,

I’m luca, trying to install hassio with supervisor function on raspberry pi 4, by using the manual installation this function is missing [link of the guide --> click here ], if I try to use other one guide where I have to use the docker, hassio continue to crash or doesn’t start :frowning: [second link: click here]

Someone can help me to install hassio with supervisor tab?
Can I use the first guide to install hassio supervised?

No, that guide will only install HA-Core, without the supervisor.

Have you tried the normal way of installing HA on a RasPi?

1 Like

The term Hass.io was deprecated well over 6 months ago. Please see HERE for the current install names and methods.

Did you check the Community Guides section in these forums?

Hello Silicon_Avatart, thanks for the feedback, honestly no, becauseI want keep the os with desktop and in same time I don’t want loose my files, program and so on :slight_smile:

Hello kanga_who, sorry for my mistake, i’m noob with homeassistant :slight_smile: i will never write h**o :slight_smile:

I have tryied to use your first guide without succces, if I try to use “ha core start”, homeassistant show to me some like “error: please see supervisor logs”, inside of that i see “[supervisor.homeassistant.core] home assistant has crashed”.

if can help you this error was display with homeassistant version 2021 (if I remember well).

after 2 days I have deceided to erase all for the umpteenth time and write here :slight_smile:

let me try with your second link ( raspberry pi guide ), I will come back soon :slight_smile:

i’m back :slight_smile:

below the problem:

21-01-11 10:24:46 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils] Can't execute start while a task is in progress
21-01-11 10:25:22 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning homeassistant application
21-01-11 10:25:22 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant docker now installed
21-01-11 10:25:22 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Starting Home Assistant
21-01-11 10:25:22 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update pulse/client.config: /data/tmp/homeassistant_pulse
21-01-11 10:25:24 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.homeassistant] Starting Home Assistant homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant with version 2021.1.1
21-01-11 10:25:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
21-01-11 10:25:29 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant has crashed!
21-01-11 10:25:29 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Can't start Home Assistant!
21-01-11 10:25:29 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleanup images: ['homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:landingpage']
21-01-11 11:06:09 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [supervisor.docker.interface] Starting homeassistant
21-01-11 11:06:10 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
21-01-11 11:06:15 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant has crashed!

The same problem. SSH work, supervisor work. web gui not start
trying downgrade/upgrade but nothing…

Heya, any progress herE?