Install older or dev version of Esphome add-on

I have a issue with my ESP32 board (NodeMCU 32S) with sensor AM2302 due to a bug in the version 1.14.4 of Esphome.
I have read that this bug will be fix in the next version and while waiting for it to be available, I have to install older version 1.14.3 or the development version 1.15.0 dev.
I am new on Home Assistant and I don’t know how install the version 1.14.3 or 1.15.0 dev of Esphome add-on. Please could you help me?
For you information, I have downloaded last week the Hass.io image for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and B+ 32-bit from the Home Assisattn web site https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/ and I have installed it on the SD card of my Raspberry PI 3 Model B+.

After looking for Esphome documentation, I have found the procedure to install Esphome dev version:
How do I use the latest bleeding edge version?
I continue to look for install older version.

Finally, I have found the solution in the reported bugs of esphome. The version 1.14.4 have bug with sensor DHT and the release 1.14.5 corrects this issue.
To upgrade the esphome version, I have follow this topic. Then, I have restart esp home, compiled and upload the firmware with USB connection.
Now, all works fine.

Which is actually the latest official release? Is 1.15.2 final relase as stated on github or is this latest dev release and public one still 1.14.3 ?

Latest is 1.15.2.

but why then you get installed 14.3 when you have settings to “latest”?

Hello. I’m trying to fix ONE of my esphome devices that stop working properly. I want to compile just this device to an older update & not all. What is this line doing? Is it the same as using the backup & reverting to an older update of esphome? Anyone?

esphome_version": "v1.14.5

I have the same issue! In case you figure it out, could you please let me know how to solve it?

This feature was remove on version 2021.8.0. It says to use the snapshot. I cannot use the snapshot if I want it to. I get a Failed to Fetch message when I try to upload a backup.tar file.

I made a quick tutorial on how to downgrade to any previous version:

1 Like