Installing Home Assistant Supervised on a Raspberry Pi using Debian 12

Well it’s accepting the command but I see

as expected

Did not work for me either

what didn’t work?

I tried ha jobs options --ignore-conditions healthy and it still shows the unsupported message.

What were you expecting? It will just stop the unhealthy state BS

My system did not say unhealthy. It said unsupported.

mine said both

Mine has this:

When I hit learn more, it says software. Nothing else. That is why I posted the earlier message. I figured either you or @Tamsy could help me.

All this says to me: Do not update HA Supervised anymore at all or switch to hassos. Sad, especially after the 2021.10 disaster.

I thought ( I maybe incorrect) that supervisor updated automatically? This is beta so maybe that is why it is asking?

It does update automatically. I guess we are just unsupported now…

They do seem lately to make this as difficult as possible for seemingly arbitrary reasons with little benefit.

1 Like

Maybe heading towards a “software as a service”-model? :thinking:

My more info shows:
Which links to Ignored job conditions - Home Assistant if I click on ignored job conditions

Same. My software links no where. I think on the release it will point to any software running outside of HA. I believe the changed the container name to software.

They list the offending containers in the supervisor log as per my screenshot

My logs do not.

This install choice is not the managed ecosystem. It is a copy of the intended managed ecosystem which wants to benefit from the conveniences but be free of any of the management. Or at least, not be reminded of it.

If you want to be free and have all of the versatility, then create your own ecosystem using Docker.
Portainer does not manage this ecosystem. The Supervisor does. Watchtower does not keep everything updated. The Supervisor does.

You are running the same Frankenstall you were yesterday, but now there’s a message. This is not a move toward software as a service. It’s the managed project warning you that you might be running things that can break it. Not you personally, but any users who may think that this install is the intended way to run the ecosystem. You can ignore those!

The real choice would be between a container install where YOU manage your containers, or the HA OS install where that is managed for you. This install wants to have it both ways, in addition to the support. For the latter, the warnings are given.

More users run container installs of their own than those who run this mish-mosh, actually. They just run HA free of any drama. If you have 4 containers running that are not found as add-ons, you might as well make it official and ditch the supervisor ecosystem.

I know I could do this but I don’t want to as I prefer to use the HA addons for anything associated with HA and also ingress. I currently run 13 addons and some of them are not available as standalone containers and I don’t need the hassle of finding replacements and using apt… that is why I liked docker in the first place.

I only want to manage non-HA containers myself and far prefer to have HA manage HA.

Well it also gives the devs the cop out of saying my system is not supported so I can’t even report any bugs (automatically when supervisor finds them) even though nothing I am running in separate containers that it is complaining about is interacting in any way with HA

2 Likes

You didn’t choose it. The developer chose it to create this ecosystem. The ecosystem is built on top of the embedded OS and this was the intent. The first go was ResinOS, which later became the buildroot based HA OS. It started with a developer’s choice and Docker was always a part of it.

HA doesn’t KNOW about containers so HA does indeed manage HA. The supervisor manages docker and the add-on containers.

This is not about HA support. This is about support for the supervisor ecosystem, and your outside choices do interact with that. Your choice of Docker version, your choices of how and when you update your distro, other apps you add to that distro which would not normally be added to an HA OS install, and Docker apps which manage other docker apps. None of those are choices in HA OS because they were already made by the developer. It always came with docker. It always connected and pulled down images and ran them as containers during setup.

You ran a script someone made to emulate this. I did it too.

Maybe you have it figured out now, but it likely took some time and your system tripped over things along the way. This is for other users who randomly come across some “how to hassio in docker” crud who are not you.