Installing Home Assistant Supervised on a Raspberry Pi using Debian 12

Thanks, that solved it, its now supported :slight_smile:

@kanga_who
I also have the same problem, like the above,
I’m getting an error

[warn] Could not find / etc / default / grub or / boot / cmdline. txt failed to switch to
cgroup vl

Is there a solution to this?

Try /boot/firmware, I found my cmdline.txt there

1 Like

@Patrick010
I did not understand what I should do,
I would be happy if you could elaborate
How to install Home Assistant Supervised on Debian
As it’s coming up I’m getting an unsupported version,
Thank youstrong text

@kanga_who
Is there a solution for this installation
Or does this installation no longer work??
What do you think about it?

You can watch here. Instructions for Raspberry Pi OS (BullsEye). Step 9.

@Oligarch Thank you
Is this way right is it also for Debian?

Well, that supported quickly changed back in to unsupported :frowning:
Adding lsm=apparmor to the end of cmdline.txt file didnt help after all.

– UPDATE: lsm=apparmor disappeared from cmdline.txt. After adding it again the system is supported again. Very strange…

Can’t answer your question. RPI OS is also based on Debian. The 64-bit version works flawlessly

1 Like

As per ADR-0014;

Debian Linux Debian 11 aka Bullseye (no derivatives)

There is a couple of open bug reports currently, this issue may be one of them. Hopefully the HA team will address it quickly.

1 Like

I hope it is fixed soon,
I am currently without HA, I deleted the previous system because I thought I could reinstall, but I did not think there would be this bug …

Install HA OS or Container then

But I want a supervised installation

HA OS is Supervised, without the underlying OS control. For what specific reason do you need access to the OS ?

@kanga_who My network operates with a private security certificate,
And because of this I need to install the security certificate of my network inside the system,
I tried the HA OS system but without the installation it does not allow me secure network access,
Therefore I need access to the operating system

Well you have 2 choices for now then, have no HA, or install Container.

edit:

Do you mean ssl certificates?

The logic is clear …
Based on past events Do you have an estimate of how long it will take to fix this?
From this I will decide whether I will wait or go on Container.

I’m talking about ca.crt certificates that tell the OS that you can trust an SSL certificate that the external network sends,
(If you know of another way to install the credentials that also works in HA OS I would love to hear)

I assume you tried putting the certs in the /root/ssl folder?

I just followed this guide yesterday to reinstall HA 2022.6.X and the end result showed “Unsupported” due to “Docker configuration”. I verified that the Docker logging is set up correctly, so I’m assuming it’s related to the cgroup issues noted elsewhere in this thread. I’m also assuming that the HA installation script which is run as part of this guide will be updated at some point to account for the necessary cgroup changes.

@kanga_who I tried and it did not help, it should be installed in the operating system itself,
Apparently the SSL folder does not affect the system itself,