eno1" does not exist. <-- AND THIS
[info] Install supervisor Docker container
[info] Install supervisor startup scripts
[info] Install AppArmor scripts
[info] Start Home Assistant Supervised
[info] Installing the 'ha' cli
[info] Switching to cgroup v1

When I list the nmcli, I can see thatā€™s renamed to Supervisor eno1

Could that be something messing it up? or is that just a label that the system gives the connection?

Maybe my post here helps?

1 Like

Ok, as Iā€™ve got some clearance on how to resolve healthy/unsupported, I still would like to know how I would get the docker-compose installed without breaking my NetworkManager?

@kanga_who are you able to assist me on this? Great tutorial by the way :slight_smile:

No, I donā€™t use it and itā€™s out of the scope of the guide.

Thanks

can someone please take a look at this thread?

summary:
Installed HA using this but I have a problem with the IP address assignment.
Once I installed Debian 11, IP is being assigned by my modem without any issues (tried host restart too), but once I install HA and restart the host, it is not being assigned an IP address. Solved this by assigning a static IP address, but DNS is still not working.
Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

@Tamsy has already responded to you in that thread.

yeah he is very helpfulā€¦ but did not work but now i am seeing that he replied again. will check again later on cause i am out now. also any ideas related why the nuc is not getting an ip from the modem once ha installed?

Why (If I have home assistant supervised) I canā€™t update my Open Media Vault, Docker and Portainer?

Any solution to this issue?

Why not . ?

If supervisor detects any containers running which were not created and started by it then it marks your system as unsupported. So if your goal is to remain on a supported system Iā€™m not sure what value there is in installing docker-compose. Even if you manage to figure out a way to get it installed on a supported system, all the things it can do will mark your system as unsupported. Seems like a futile exercise but maybe Iā€™m missing something.

The system always say internal error. Always when I update docker, when itā€™s finishing the update, say restarting docker, restarting portainer, restarting home assistant, error encountered home assistant supervised. Internal error. And after that stop. I can use the docker, portainer and open media vault but it is impossible to update.

Im going to try to install promox and make 2 virtual machines, one for home assistant and another for the rest.

Hi Mike,

Reason for asking is that I want to run Frigate in a separate container rather than using the addon due to some configurable parameters not available within the addon.

Iā€™ve now installed docker-compose and it works perfect (though as you say, marks HA as unsupported). But I assume I can use the command to do any updates even if marked unspported, ref 4) in the instructions.

Possibly. Itā€™s unsupported so not really sure what will or wonā€™t work. There is no testing is done on unsupported configurations, automated or manual. Youā€™re welcome to run that way but generally speaking you now are sole support for your installation, home assistant does not provide it anymore.

If this was all just for one addon missing a few options did you consider just adding those options? As a PR to frigate preferably but if you arenā€™t comfortable with that you can simply fork it and modify itā€™s config file in your fork. Then add your fork as an addon repo instead of the normal frigate one and install from there. Maintenance is mostly likely just rebasing from the upstream periodically.

Or if you find the fork impractical for some reason (maybe if it has a lot CI that doesnā€™t work in your fork or something) then just clone frigate into your /addons folder and modify it there. Any addons in that folder are treated as local addons. HA will build the image and attach it to a container according to its config.yaml like any other addon.

Each of these latter two options will still result in frigate being run with your desired config but your system will still be supported. The only thing youā€™ll be fully responsible for supporting is your addon (and even then only if you canā€™t reproduce issues you encounter in the normal frigate addon). But itā€™s your call, whichever you prefer.

1 Like

Thanks! That helpd me :slight_smile:

Hello!

My setup: Debian 11, OMV 6, Docker, Portainer, AMD64.

I already have docker and several container doing things on my NAS.

I use a custom storage location for my docker, so it is not my OS drive on my nas, but the replicated storage area.

When I follow this guide, it seems to reinstall docker & portainer and remove all my containers and stop them. They simply disappear. If I reverse all the steps and uninstall portainer and docker, then reinstall I get them all back right where I left off.

When I follow these steps the create user page starts, so I am assuming that the installation worked perfectly.

I think in the deb package it might be specifying the docker storage location and it is changing it. Does anyone know about this? This is a new NAS and a new install, and driving me crazy.

Cheers
S

Running other containers alongside home assistant which arenā€™t addons isnā€™t supported in a supervised install. If you want to run other things which arenā€™t addons then you should be using container not supervised.

2 Likes

Might also be worth looking at spinning up a HA OS VM.

Hi there,

I have installed as per instructions the HA Supervisor - which didnā€™t show any errors - but when trying the ā€˜haā€™ command line - complains about the hassio CLI missing - Iā€™ve checked docker - and see only the supervisor container was created. At what stage do the other containers get created?

The output on terminal said it would be listening on IP:8123 but of course no container = no response, nothings listening.

Its hard to find out how or when these containers get created?

Platform: Intel NUC (ASUS VivoStick) running Debian 11.

1 Like

So upgrading HA broke my old Buster Raspbian installation :-<

Iā€™m TRYING to install Debian Bullseye on my RaspberryPi 3b.

Connected a keyboard, mouse, screen, network cable to my Pi.

I first used Bullseye image 2022.01.21 for my 3b here Raspberry Pi Debian images and used BalenaEtcher. Booted up to a login prompt. Entered root without password and Iā€™m in. Great! Nope. I get no network. ifconfig? Command not found. /etc/network/interface not there, /etc/netplan? Not there either. /etc/dhcpcd.conf? Not there either! But I do have a /etc/dhcp.d directory! Thatā€™s a flop!

So, scrap that. Iā€™ll follow the instruction here, got the debian-live-11.3.0-amd64-standard iso file and rufus. Used it to flash my MCHD card. Kept the default options (BalenaEtcher is much easier to use) Got some weird message about needed to download something before it can flash (sysā€¦ something). Once done, I put the card back in the Pi andā€¦ nothing. Screen remains blank, no boot

Kinda frustrated at this point. Raspbian was so much easier to use. Just put wpa_supplicant and ssh file in the boot directory and off you go!

Anybody want to venture helping me why I canā€™t get the 3b to successfully boot with a frickin network??? If I put the original MCSD card in, it boots (DHCP) and I have a network connection. Why is it so hard with Debian???

/venting