Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 8

Hitting this error in the log which is not allowing hacs to start. I asked over on the hacs discord and was told it is an installation issue. I asked in the HA discord installation_supervisor channel but haven’t received a reply yet.

Would anyone know what this error means?

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
First occurred: 4:58:04 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:58:04 PM
Setup failed for hacs: Unable to import component: No module named ‘queueman’

Searched but couldn’t find anything useful

It’s not an addon it’s a custom_component in the Home Assistant configuration

Thank you for clearing that up. I always assumed ( I know) it was the custom_components because Add-on: was listed separate. Now I know!

1 Like

Yeah you can have local addons which are local docker containers which is what that’s for

Have you deleted HACS and re-installed?

I tried manually reinstalling to a new hacs folder as mentioned here -> 0.118: Grid and logbook cards, quick navigation, native template types however that didn’t work. I still get the same error

Not sure what to do now, I can’t delete the hacs integration or update it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Might be a good idea to head to the HACS github and see if there is some info/log an issue, or the HACS discord, being that this is a Promox install guide :wink:

I can try that however I had connected with Ludees earlier and he said he couldn’t help because it wasn’t a hacs issue. I seem to be going in circles : (

How can i change home assistant IP address in VM proxmox ?

When I use this guide to sort out IP address.

To get the current IP address assigned to the VM from the command line

At the root prompt type nmcli -g ip4.address d sh $(nmcli -g device c)

IP address in VM is totally different and not show in my network list, In my network ip list is another IP address.

In VM console

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 01.59.33

In Network list
192.168.2.xxx witch i use to run Homeassistant in web browser.

If current IP address is 192.168.1.108/24 why not show in my Network?

Just installed HA on proxmox a week ago. also did a change on IP.

in home assistant web browser go to Supervisor > System and change IP adress of host system.

1 Like

I’ve followed this guide a few times, but keep getting this docker error. Any idea?

Hey friend. Same problem here.
Did you manage to solve it?

not yet, what hardware are you trying to use. I wonder if its a hardware issue. I’m trying to use a laptop with a amd dual core.

Currently I’m on a NUC, but it happened also on my previous pi 4 setup.
Wondering if it’s somehow related with my network/router config.
Apparently NTP traffic travels on port 123, but that shouldn’t be a problem, since we would be acting as a client, and not as a server.
Thoughts?

So I took my HD from the laptop and put it in my desktop with an intel processor, installed proxmox and did the exact same steps as when it was in my amd laptop, and it worked no problem with no errors. I’m currenty playing around with bios settings in my laptop to see if I can get it to work. Def a hardware issue causing my problems.

I have HA installed and working in Proxmox thanks to this guide.

In regards to Samba, this guide mention the following instructions on how to setup Samba.
Are you meant to run these commands in Hass OS (i.e. SSH into Homeassistant VM)?

I already have the SSH addon working with this installation, but would like to set it up on the VM instead if possible.

Cheers.

Hi. Newbie here. I am trying to install the HA. Can you help with the following ssl error?

[INFO] Using ‘local-lvm’ for storage location.
[INFO] Container ID is 100.
Getting URL for latest Home Assistant disk image…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 3, in
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/api.py”, line 75, in get
return request(‘get’, url, params=params, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/api.py”, line 60, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 533, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 646, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 449, in send
timeout=timeout
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 600, in urlopen
chunked=chunked)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 343, in _make_request
self._validate_conn(conn)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 841, in validate_conn
conn.connect()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 344, in connect
ssl_context=context)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl
.py", line 321, in ssl_wrap_socket
context.load_verify_locations(ca_certs, ca_cert_dir)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py”, line 428, in load_verify_locations
self._ctx.load_verify_locations(cafile, capath)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py”, line 776, in load_verify_locations
_raise_current_error()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py”, line 54, in exception_from_error_queue
raise exception_type(errors)
OpenSSL.SSL.Error: [(‘x509 certificate routines’, ‘X509_load_cert_crl_file’, ‘no certificate or crl found’)]
[ERROR] 1@102 Unknown failure occured.

I’ve recently switched from a Supervised install on my main machine (Dell Optiplex 990), to Proxmox running 3 VM’s - 1x Home Assistant and 2x Ubuntu 18.04 VM’s, one running Plex, MQTT, OVPN, Portainer, etc and the other running only Shinobi for CCTV recording.

Does it mean you have one instance running Hassio and the other VMs running services such as Portainer, MQTT ? If yes, can you share any instructions on running Portainer on a different VM instance, so I can use it to eventually manage my other docker cluster as well. I currently have Hassio installed on proxmox. I created a Ubuntu 20.0.4 VM to run services such as portainer. However, I am not sure what’s the correct way to connect the portainer to hassio dockerd. Online tutorials talk about CA, Cert creations through OpenSSL. Is that the way ? I do not want to nuke my hassio system doing something stupid. Thanks

Ok. I feel dumb as hell. I’ve spent the better of a day trying to get HA installed in a Proxmox environtment but I just can’t figure out why it doesn’t work.

I have an old Mac Mini that runs Ubuntu with HA in Docker along with a few other things. I figured I could setup a Proxmox install in Virtualbox on my Macbook Pro before I start taking the working setup apart. I have followed this guided, along with others, to the point but it still doesn’t work. I get the image installed correctly, but when I try to start it it fails. I have had partial starts with sudden reboots of the Virtualbox VM, and this last try doesn’t even show the console before it crashes.

Running it in a Debian 64 VM with 50GB storage, 3GB memory and 3 cores.

Anyone smarter than me who can tell me what I do wrong?