Insteon Mini Remote Issues

Thanks men, for the scenes integration, I’m running to home to test it.

One question:

If a create a scene directly to the lights, how scene I know to invoque ? I don’t know the group number in that case. It’s some file I can look at?

Since you have a hub, I assume you created the scene there. If that is the case then you can use the Hub app to see the scene number. However, the scene number in the Hub app starts at 25 but will show as 1. In otherwords, if the Hub app shows scene 1 it is 25 for HA and if it is scene 2 it is 26 for HA. If you did not use the hub, I can tell you what it is if you put insteonplm in debug mode and send me the log after start up.

I have both, hub and USB PLM (I bought the plm to try the plm to mqtt but your scene works for that, so I’m using right now the hub only)

On the app the group number shows me 6, and it work only if I don’t physically push any switch, if I touch the switch and tried to invoque the scene, only change the 3w but not the main switch.

Yesterday I took the logs to send you.

I’ll try the +25 number to see whats happens, if I have the same error I’ll send you the logs in a bug report.

My plan it’s to use the USb in the future, I need less connected hardware.

Update: the scene 6+24 (30) does not work, don’t do anything.

Namaste.

I messed up and i had to clean install the 0.96.2.

It’s working now but directly with the number of the group, no +24.

Testing!

Update: issues toggling the light. 15 sec to alternate between states (live and HA).

Process:

• Fresh restart HA, 4 min later:
  • On Ha Toggle the light and changes instant
  • 3 sec to the automation fired the scene, 3w responds
  • 5 sec after, i tried to toggle again on HA, nothing happens, like a lag on screen.
  • 15 sec later the button push goes on action live and on HA 1 sec later or less.
  • 3 sec to the other automation fired the scene, 3w responds.

if i turn off the automations (only fired the insteon.scene_on / off) the light responds as normal.

The hub appears to be very busy after firing the scene to respond to a new toggling with regular time.

Replicated on my Android phone too.

UPDATE 2:

Was my fault on automation cos i’m doing a cycling condition with the triggers, so the scene fires several times.

Any suggestion to improve the automations with this feature??

I improve the time right now crating a light group with all the 3w and main charge.

and this automations:

From on to off:

- id: '1562010875568'
  alias: 3w entrada off
  trigger:
  - entity_id: light.3w_entrada
    platform: state
    to: 'off'
  - entity_id: switch.entrada_pad_main
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      group: 5
    service: insteon.scene_off
  - data:
      entity_id: automation.3w_entrada_off
    service: automation.turn_off
  - delay: '6'
  - data:
    service: automation.turn_on

From off to on:

- id: '1562010802565'
  alias: 3w entrada on
  trigger:
  - entity_id: group.luz_entrada
    to: 'on'
  action:
  - data:
    service: insteon.scene_on

any improvement will be appreciated

Improved: 3-4 sec per operation.

To turn on:

- id: '1562010802565'
  alias: 3w entrada on
  trigger:
  - entity_id: group.luz_entrada
    to: 'on'
  action:
  - data:
    service: insteon.scene_on
  - data:
    service: automation.turn_on

To turn off:

- id: '1562010875568'
  alias: 3w entrada off
  trigger:
  - entity_id: light.3w_entrada
  - entity_id: switch.entrada_pad_main
  action:
  - data:
    service: automation.turn_off
  - data:
    service: insteon.scene_off

@teharris1hello!

can you teach me how to retrieve the scene number when i create the links between devices manually?

Thanks!

Younger me, it’s nothing to retrieve, when you create an scene between devices directly you are not involving the PLM, so, when you trigger the scene in a device like this the PLM can’t notice that.

You have to create the scene involving the PLM as a responder and controller.

You Dum8! :laughing:

@Alfonsolsl I assume you are good here, right? Not an uncommon question BTW.

In case you did not see, I am working on a new version of the Insteon component that is able to track changes between two devices (like three-way switches). I just submitted the pull request today so now I need to go through the code review process. I expect it to be available some time between release 110 to 112 depending on how long code review takes.

hey! i hope you’ve been ok! yes i’m good, i was remembering the process to link the pad buttons and answering to myself btw.

i can’t wait to try your new version, i’m in a new home and i’m using all the insteon stuff i have on stock.

BTW: i have a bunch of open/close micro module, any way to use it like a micro on/off module ?? (like infinite time closed the relay)

Do you know the category and subcategory of the devices?

yes of course.

i can override the device as a on/off micro module and should work?

the on/off micro has this: (i have the open/close hardware)

In general you should be able to use the micro open/close as an on/off they way you are asking. The thing about the Open/Close device is it has a built in timer which governs the on time of the switch. I don’t know if the device can have an infinite open/close setting.

yes, i have to try it with HOMELINC and see whats options for timing let me set.

i’ll update this with the answer to let you know.

MAX TIME: 540 sec (9minutes)

ill use it like a signal repeaters at first.

have a nice weekend!

Hey Alfy I have a simple question for ya. What PLM device are you using?

Thanks sir! :expressionless: