Insteon Scheduling and Insteon-Panel

@nickrout
So I finally got my RPi/HA/Insteon Integration working. Now it would be nice to have an easy-to-use built-in scheduler without having to decipher cryptic (to a newby) automations and such. There is a clear need for easy scheduling for the influx of HA users that have “come over” from the ashes of Insteon.

I see Tim Harris has released a new “Panel” for Insteon but not sure it includes scheduling.

Also, how do I avail myself of these new developments? What do I do with the code? How do I get my RPi to run it…or does it?

This custom card works well for scheduling. Scheduler card/custom component. Do you have HACS installed yet? It is worth doing.

No, I don’t have HACS. It isn’t clear I have the prerequisites:

***** You have Access to the filesystem where the Home Assistant configuration files are located.

• You know how to access the Home Assistant log file. I don’t know

• You are aware that there are no add-ons in HACS. I guess I am aware now. What are the consequences?

• You have a stable internet connection with sufficient available data or no data caps Yes

Running HA on a RPi with SD Card. I don’t know where the “filesystem” is.

Where is HACS installed? – on my RPi SD card or elsewhere??

Sorry for the newby-esque questions. Give me assembly-language programming – that I undrstand!

How did you install HA? If you look on the page configuration then info, it’ll tell us all we need to know. There is even a handy copy button and you can paste the info back here :slight_smile: We’ll get you through all that!

Sorry - what do you mean by “page configuration “? Is it this?

I can’t find an “info” link or tag anywhere.

Can’t you? Read on. Its under ‘settings’

System Health

version: core-2022.4.7
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
user: root
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.9.9
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.10.103-v8