Insteon Thermostat Monitoring & Control through ISY-994i

Thanks. Getting a handle of this slowly!

I am using the custom component to control my Insteon thermostat and lights. However I see the message “ISY could not update node x.x.x.x” in the logs a lot. It typically appears when I execute an HA script or scene.

I am running ISY version 4.73. What is everyone else running? Should I upgrade?

How many ISY devices are you trying to update with the scene/script? Are you using Insteon or Z-Wave? The ISY (and really, Insteon) doesn’t like a flood of commands at the same time. My recommendation is to create a Scene in the ISY with all of the ISY device changes from the HASS script and call that as part of your HASS scene/script in one shot. Triggering an Insteon scene uses much less Insteon network traffic because the scene links are stored in each device–meaning only 1 scene command has to be sent and each device reacts appropriately.

I have taken your suggested approach for creating a scene on the ISY and then use that switch in HA. I have an ISY and all of my devices are Insteon, no zwave going over the ISY.

I still notice when I change the temp using HA of my Insteon thermostat, I get the message

2:51 PM custom_components/isy994/climate.py (WARNING)
ISY could not update node: 34 D5 4E 1

The thermostat does update, just a little annoying that the log message happens.

OK. I will take a look at it and see if it’s doing the same thing on mine. I’m assuming that’s the thermostat node?

Yes the thermostat node.

This should be fixed in the latest version.

Yep, its fixed now.

Thanks