Integrate CozyTouch

Hello,
I found this project on GitHub
https://github.com/biker91620/ha-cozytouch
After work around, it seems to work fine. Please can you integrate Inside Home Assistant ?
NB: I’m not the person who have developped the plug-in.
Thanks in advance
Philippe

Hi jugla,

I would also support this component and love to see it directly integrated to HA, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work for me.
I shared the issue on the dev’s github, but it would be great to have your approach as well.

I’m running Hass.io version 193 / 0.103.6.
I have Malicio 2 water heaters working with Cozytouch.

I’ve tried installing your component in custom components and in regular components, none have worked. The regular one was indicated in one of this git’s previous issues.

The custom one returns errors for each approach (switch, climate, etc).
I never manage to obtain the component.

Here is the error:

_Error while setting up platform cozytouch
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 150, in async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
*result = self.fn(*self.args, * self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/cozytouch/switch.py”, line 35, in setup_platform
from cozypy.constant import DeviceType
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘cozypy’

Thanks for your help,

Hello,
I’ve finished to overcome the issue.
(You can look to this custom component https://github.com/albertogeniola/meross-homeassistant for help)

The COZYTOUCH component has been integrated as a custom component into HACS

Install HACS : Home Assistant Community Store

Once install, you will find the cozytouch (within HACS).
Install the cozytouch component. It works for me.

Hope it will help.

Philippe

PS1 : I think the correct way is to used the custom component https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/creating_component_loading.html .
PS2 : I proposed a workaround for installation within https://github.com/biker91620/ha-cozytouch/issues/15

Hi,

Thank you so much! I’ll look into it and get back to you.

Best,

Hi jugla,

Thanks it works, I now see 2 of my components.
Nevertheless they (the water heaters) appear as DHWP actuators.
I can change the target temperature and the operation mode but I can’t see the remaining showers and boost mode. Plus, the away mode is not working.

I checked the code and these should be available. I tried changing the component type but can’t seem to end up with the correct controls. It seems I’m not targeting the correct py file.
I tried with the configuration.yaml as well but same issue. I’m wondering if it’s not coming from the cozytouch backend side.

Did you encounter the same issue?

Thanks,

Hello,
I think you can report bug/evolution via GIT :slight_smile:https://github.com/biker91620/ha-cozytouch

For my case, I monitor only heater (not water heater).
Sorry

Hello !
I tried to install cozytouch from HACS.
The installation went well but i’ve got the same problem :

2020-03-06 15:45:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 434, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_update_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 284, in async_update_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 328, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.device_state_attributes or {})
  File "/config/custom_components/cozytouch/water_heater.py", line 278, in device_state_attributes
    self.water_heater.get_state(DeviceState.POWER_HEAT_ELECTRICAL_STATE)
TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

Do you know where it could come from ?
I’ve got a cozytouch and only an electric boiler, if it can help.
I’m running HA 0.106.5 on HassOS 3.11 (Supervisor version 209).

Sébastien

Hello,
I’m running HA 0.106.3, no pb so far. (installation on raspian)
If by any chance, you remove the package (from HACS) and you re-install it. Does the issue still occurs ?
In my case , I 've only electric heating (i.e. no electric boiler).

Philippe

Hello Philippe,

Thank you for your help.
I tried to remove/reinstall/restart everything like 10 times :slight_smile: And unfortunately, the issue still occurs :frowning:
I don’t know where to look at. Maybe I should try a manual installation, but i’m not sure it will work and it’s weird that it works for some people and not for others. I didn’t find where to post an issue on Git, i guess they disabled it on this project :frowning:

Sébastien

Hi brotherseb,

I’m also struggling with the water heater.
Only some aspects are working (electrical consumption for example) but most toggles are not (DHWP toggles).

I’ve been trying to improve the py code but have not managed to fix it.
I’ve also opened a ticket on github but no response yet.

Best regards,

Hello !
It’s exactly the same for me, thank you, i feel less alone :slight_smile:
Let’s just wait, then…
If i find a way to make it work i’ll let you know !
Sébastien

Hey there ! You can try https://github.com/imicknl/ha-tahoma that worked perfect for me. Seems that this integration will live :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Amaury,
Thanks for the heads-up.
I tried, but it seems to have the same limitations…

@creativeosmose, feel free to post your issues on iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Somfy TaHoma or other OverKiz based API’s. (github.com).

Probably you mean that not all your climate devices are implemented yet? We are still working on this, but our time has been limited in the last weeks.

Hi Mick,
In my case it’s a water heater.
The device is implemented - unfortunately, most actions are either absent or not working.
I’ll create a ticket on the ha-tahoma git.

I’ve moved towards ha-tahoma.
It encompasses several “boxes”