Integrate Easyplus Home Automation

did you adjust the ip and password easyplus in the eeby.py in the global variable file
what does de AppDaemon log provide shown during connection?

I have also adjusted the logging in separate log files in the file appdaemon.yaml

logs:
  main_log:
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/appdaemon.log
    log_generations: 1
    log_size: 2048000
  access_log:
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/access.log
    log_size: 1024000
  error_log:
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/error.log
  diag_log:
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/diag.log
    format: "{asctime} {levelname:<8} {appname:<10}: {message}"
  easyplus_live_log:
    name: EasyplusLive
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/easyplus_live.log
  easyplus_get_log:
    name: EasyplusGet
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/easyplus_get.log
  easyplus_stats:
    name: EasyplusStats
    filename: /config/appdaemon/log/easyplus_stats.log

you should be able to see the live relay or motion actions in the AD web interface

I get the below messages in easyplusLive log:

In the appdaemon log I see the below trackback & error message:

I suppose I did something wrong during configuration but I can’t figure out what.
Any ideas …

Difficult to debug with limited info, maybe you forgot to copy something
I have copied my production working version of Appdeamon files in Pastebin and included some comments.

Please go through the files and compare with your version.
If you have questions let me know, you are almost there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the files. I’ll compare in more detail later today but I already saw that the sensor_ping script is missing in my config. I’ll add it and see if that helps.

I did add the sensor_ping.py and the Easyplus Server in the apps.
It works fine now!

thanks for your support!
Really appreciated :smile:

1 Like

Great, would be nice to have more users of Easyplus moving to Home Assistant.
If someone could write a custom component would help a lot.

What we did is using some scripts with AppDaemon to get it working.

1 Like

Zijn er nog updates aan dit project? Ik zou binnenkort ook proberen men easyplus installatie in HA te steken.

Could someone advise what went wrong here? (VM with HA-OS)
I’m able to run the apex command from the terminal addon, but I do get an error when running it from the HA dashboard.
From all info above, I was expecting the setup.sh to be the reason, though I’m not sure.

From the second line of the log it seems to be working, while next line shows a bunch of errors:

2023-06-30 15:18:03.190 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shell_command] Stdout of command: `/config/scripts/setup.sh`, return code: 0:
b'Updating Image with Tools\r\nfetch https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz\nfetch https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.18/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz\nRequirement already satisfied: pexpect in /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages (4.6.0)\nRequirement already satisfied: ptyprocess>=0.5 in /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from pexpect) (0.7.0)\n Tools Installed\r\n'

2023-06-30 15:18:03.190 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shell_command] Stderr of command: `/config/scripts/setup.sh`, return code: 0:
b"ERROR: 'update\r' is not an apk command. 
See 'apk --help'.\nERROR: unable to select packages:\n  busybox\r (no such package):\n    required by: world[busybox\r]\nERROR: unable to select packages:\n  busybox-extras\r (no such package):\n    required by: world[busybox-extras\r]\nERROR: unable to select packages:\n  expect\r (no such package):\n    required by: world[expect\r]\nERROR: unable to select packages:\n  sshpass\r (no such package):\n    required by: world[sshpass\r]\nERROR: unable to select packages:\n  python3\r (no such package):\n    required by: world[python3\r]\nWARNING: Running pip as the 'root' user can result in broken permissions and conflicting behaviour with the system package manager. It is recommended to use a virtual environment instead: https://pip.pypa.io/warnings/venv\n"

2023-06-30 15:27:37.910 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.command_line] Running command: python3 /config/python_scripts/apex.py 'Setrelay 24,1'

2023-06-30 15:27:37.910 DEBUG (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.components.command_line.utils] Running command: python3 /config/python_scripts/apex.py 'Setrelay 24,1'

2023-06-30 15:27:38.044 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.components.command_line.utils] Command failed (with return code 1): python3 /config/python_scripts/apex.py 'Setrelay 24,1'

2023-06-30 15:27:38.046 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.command_line] Command failed: python3 /config/python_scripts/apex.py 'Setrelay 24,1'

setup.sh:
Screenshot 2023-06-30 153706

Now that Apex Systems no longer supports Eaysplus, the integration with Home Assistant is getting more important!
For me this works fine for a few days but then all of a sudden the Easyplus controller (old exclusive version) refuses connections on port 2024.
The only thing that helps is power off/on of the controller :frowning:
Anyone that experiences the same issue?

I run the following script manually (via ssh) when my home assistant gets updated

#!/bin/sh
echo "Updating Image with Tools"
apk update
apk add -u busybox
apk add busybox-extras
apk add expect
apk add sshpass
apk add python3
apk add py3-pip
apk add py3-pexpect

For me that seems to work for a few days (see my post right above this one)