Integrate HASS,IO + SmartThings with Google Home to announce Sensor Events or Variations

Total Newbie here, making slow headway based on little current knowledge and learning at the same time.

With the help of amazing guidance provided thru the community blogs/posts , I am able to install Hass.io on Rpi3 (16GB SDCard) with the following details and addons

Have SmartThings V1 hub running with two basic sensors setup at the moment (SmartSense Multi and Motion Sensor). Smartthings Mobile android app is configured correctly and sensors work as they are intended to.

My desired setup is a one where I can use google home speaker (Mini at the moment) to announce various trigger based or customized messages depending on sensor data.

As I understood this is possible with the following high level approach :slight_smile:

1. Integrating Smartthings with Hassio to ensure messages and events are flowing between the two.
  2. Integrating Google Mini with Hassio and define the automation based on action no.1 above.

So far I am able to do point no.1 successfully by following this very helpful post.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/anyone-integrated-smartthings-into-hassio-yet/25324/7

For point no.2 I was not sure If I needed a NabuCasa account or not (as it wasn’t clear it is needed for google home ability to control HA devices/actions or the other way around). Anyways I am hooked up to NabuCasa and have the account up and running and integrated with google assistant via the android mobile app.

Onwards I assumed to do some basic testing of HA being able to send custom messages to be spoken by google home speaker (TTS service), so without any configuration I tried the stock overview dashboard tile for Google Mini as detected by Hassio during installation.

Clipboard%20Image%20(2)

I though if I write anything in Text to Speak field, it should be spoken out by ghome speaker, however it is not happening (which I found is an issue with some other users as well without a concrete solution). When I press the On/Off button I can hear the speaker waking up with a bleep, however afterwards no voice is heard. The mini working fine on its own by waking up with the the “Ok/Hey Google” command.

If the TTS is not working at the moment, I understand the sensor driven automated announcements wont work either.

Thanks for your time to read and possible correction in my approach/understanding and any solutions to the mentioned queries.

Surprised to see no replies in such an active community…is the mentioned scenario and setup really impractical or probably I am assuming something which cannot work the intended way.

Would really appreciate expert support over here.

Thanks.

Nevermind, with the indirect help was able to naroow down the problem. The solution posted here