Integrating an Anglia Water smart water meter

I was hoping this would just run on the HA system in the background and scrape once a day. I’m not a techy and all this clever stuff is beyond me!

How to integrate this into home assistant?

I’m
Guessing this is need’s implemented on another machine and then HA pulls the data from the database?

That looks like how others have gone about this. I think the best solution here is for someone way smarter than me implement a seamless end-to-end solution in Home Assistant as either a custom integration or a container add-on.

In case anyone is interested in integrating Anglia Water usage on HA, feel free to have a look at my post :wink: This was created based on @dan12345 script above (thanks Dan!).

2 Likes

I recently had a note from Anglian water to say that we’re getting a smart meter. Once it’s installed I’ll cook an integration up, for now it’s on my to-do list.

2 Likes

Hi @11harveyj did you manage to get an integration setup? I’ve also had a smart meter installed recently so would be very interested if you managed to get one working!

Hi,
They put a note through the door and I haven’t seen them since to be honest. So I’ve not got one yet.

Ah okay fair enough.

Interested in this too, I got an email from them saying that a smart meter is going to be installed soon, so waiting for it, then I can investigate & share what I find here. :slight_smile:

See post above from @Zeunas.

Link

I did see it, thanks. But I’m not keen on unencrypted login details on plain text. I’d rather have API calls. But yes, this is one of the way to gather information.

Thanks.

No worries - I will await with interest to see how you eventually implement this!

I spoke to Anglian Water in length about API calls, and this is what they have said to me… so a bit of a good news in the future, hopefully?

“I have spoken with our development team and they have advised that, right now, we don’t have an API that can be used to extract any data from the smart meter. However, this is one of our most requested features so we will be exploring options around this when we review the usage section overall in the near future.”

Bring it on, AWA have just advised me that I’ll be getting a Smart Meter within the next 3 weeks, as to an API, it never surprises me when a large company automates consumer data for their consumption but it never crosses the project manager’s mind that the consumer may want automated access too.

Update on my front, just moved house where a smart meter is already installed, so will get cracking on this asap after fixing a few other issues.