Integration of a Fronius Symo Gen 24 plus Inverter via Modbus TCP

I just tried to change it by connecting direct to access point on 192.168.250.181 and it still wont let my save changes. I’m logged in as Technician.

Thoughts?

Yeah thats what I have started doing. I dont have a consumption meter so i take my load measures from the powerwall sensors and create a scaling factor that is devided by 2 and sent to both inverters.

I keep my inverters in throttled mode all the time and just send the watt max % scaling factor to my inverters when I am getting charged for FIT
When my solar feed in is at a positive price i send the 100% command

My scaling factor acts as the trigger with a filter setup to stop duplicate scaling factors from triggering the flow.

Have also setup some switches so i can switch between node red limiting my inverters then back to HA automations if needed.
I had to configure dummy sensors to get around the HA compulsory modbus sensor change.

Scaling factor reading from a HA sensor (Used for self consumption of solar, no send to grid):

Close up pics of the flow

2 Likes

Figured it out - Not sure why this worked but it did:

Did it on phone - navigated to the page via IP on Safari, changed the priority, then refreshed as it was spinning its wheel, then tried it again, and it saved.

refreshthepage

1 Like

Looks really tidy! Nice one!

1 Like

You are onto it. Worked like a charm. What is with that? Anyway, thanks. Now onto the rest of the setup.

Oh wow this is awesome. This is exactly what I want to be able to do.
I am choosing between this and sungrow system. Fronius seems to really work well with 3 phase which my system is.

Thank you for sharing this info.

Did you work out how to control your byd with home assistant via fronius ?

Hey all, just wanted to post my SUMMER Flow (still in WIP) in case anyone is interested.

(post deleted by author)