Integration of Bose Soundtouch not Auto-Discovering or Selectable

Per integration link: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/soundtouch/

By default it supports auto-discovery provided by Home Assistant, and you don’t need to add anything to your configuration.yaml .

Integration for Bose Soundtouch not Auto-Discovering or selectable in ‘Configurations->integrations->add’ What am I missing?

1 Like

If it has automatically discovered your device(s) then they will be in your device/entities lists, not the integrations list.

If it hasn’t you’ll need to try adding manually via yaml, as described in the page you linked to.

I have the same problem and manual configuration doesn’t do anything. I don’t see errors or anything

I have 4 Soundtouch devices at home. Make sure to give all of them a static ip and do not use autodiscovery. If they aren’t discovered with manual setup in configuration.yaml try to add the port to the config. With this config they work nicely for me:

- platform: soundtouch
  host: 192.168.XXX.YY
  name: Soundtouch Livingroom
  port: 8090

@officerNordberg @mwajer
In case you are still using Bose SoundTouch speakers with Home Assistant, I have developed a custom component called SoundTouchPlus that breathes new life into the SoundTouch support. Here’s some more information in another thread on the details if you want to check it out.

Check out the GitHub project wiki for more detailed information and installation instructions (easy HACS install).

Hope it helps!