Integration of Qubino ZMNHDD1 flush dimmer

Hi guys, I am seeking some help on integrating a Zwave flush dimmer of Qubino. This is my first post so if I do something wrong, please just tell me and I will try to adjust :wink:
I am using HA for a year now and actually everything works. I learn a lot from this forum but I just cannot find anything with regards to the Qubino ZMNHDD1.
My problem:
I added the dimmer in the Zwave network and it reports back to HA. I see the sensors and values change but I do not find a button or slider to adjust it using HA.
In my network are also Qubino shutter controllers and they work just fine. I tried to exclude the dimmer and reintegrate it but it stays the same. No way to control or see a switch. Just the sensors like Wattage, general info of the device and availebility.

Could somebody please help me on my way?

thank you in advance!

No light entity is showing up?

Hi firstof9, no… it does not show up. I have all sensors, but no light entity. I can see power consumption but no way to control the light from HA. I need to note that I use no physical buttons since the dimmer does not fit befind my switch. So it’s in the ceiling with continuous power. I cannot imagine that this is the issue. Could it be that the unit is broken?

Check the OZW_Log.txt for errors regarding the device.

UPDATE: problem solved.
After I have updated Home Assistant to it’s latest version, the entity showed up. No idea what was wrong before but sometimes you just need to wait and the problem get’s solved.
@firstof9: thank you for trying to help me fix the problem!

1 Like

How did you get it working? I set parameter 71 to 1 (venetian), then I exclude the device (press the Service button for 3 seconds or quickly switch the I1 terminal 3 times), but unfortunately as soon as I re-include it the parameter 71 is back to 0 (shutter) and so no tilt informations get exposed!

The parameter does go back to 0, but you should now have two cover devices (and two switches), one controlling up/down and one controlling tilt.
However, the one controlling the tilt is buggy - it won’t update if you use the physical switch, and it won’t update if you use it as a switch rather than set the level.

It seems that you were right and it is indeed in Venetian mode, despite saying Shutter mode.
Unfortunately I get 3 devices instead of 2:

One is supposed to be the “shutter” widget (up/down) and another one the slates control widget (tilt), but what about the third one? To be sure it wasn’t an orphaned one I removed zwave integration to clear everything before re-associating in venetian mode (I’m using a secondary test controller).

I tried to figure out what they were but 99% of the times they simply won’t move anything at all.
Works fine from the physical push buttons.

Pretty certain one of them is the old one - check the node id.

Hi Darkbasic,

I have the same “issue”. First included the shutter module, then modified the opperating mode (parameter 71) to venetian mode, excluded the device from the Zwave network and re-included it again. Once I re-included the device, I got two entities: One for the tilt and one switch. The tilt is working but is pretty lacky. I also have some "old entities that do not work but for now it’s fine for me. When I check parameter 71 it’s is set to shutter mode again but the device acts in venetian mode.

Is that what you mean by “pretty lacky”?

sorry for my late reply. I mean it has lag. sorry wrong spelling. it sometimes takes a while before it reacts to my input.

Good news - I was finally able to get the tilt in HA to update when using the physical switch. Here’s the procedure:
Call the zwave.change_association service, first with parameters:

{
  "association": "remove",
  "node_id": XX,
  "group": 1,
  "target_node_id":1,
}

to remove the existing lifeline associations, and then with:

{
  "association": "add",
  "node_id": XX,
  "group": 1,
  "target_node_id":1,
  "instance":1
}

To add just the multichannel association.