Integration Olimpia Splendid Fancoil

ah ok now is clear. Unfortunately i send the command to myhome and myhome convert the signal in a appropriate modbus command. Is not possible for me to view the translated command
You have activated the remote function on the olimpia splendid?

Ah ok, thank you for clarifying.

Yes, I enabled the remote mode and it says rE on the display. After some time E5 appears which seems to be the error code for “no remote control”

I will keep trying and will try to get some information from Viessmann/OS.

The E5 message apparead to me after the first installation, then I discovered that Olimpia had given me the same address with 2 fancoils. The myhome system provided that each fancoil had its own different physical address. Maybe it’s the same problem for you. You have tried to connect only one fancoil? Important: others must be without power it is not enough to turn them off.

Thanks! Yes, I have only one fan coil connected.

Did it become responsive immediately when it was the only fan coil? Or did you have to change the address of both/all fan coils?

What I am trying to figure out is if they respond with the “factory default” address 1.

by default the command is sent to the master and from there it is propagated to the slaves. In my case, I had to change the address in olympia. But they had to do it by changing the remote card.
In any case, the E5 was present only on 2 fancoils (same address). The default address is 01 (presume)

I have finally managed to get it running. 3 Fan coils are working perfectly fine, on in wall device is a bit … reluctant

Wow!! great. Do you explain your configuration?

I have a Wemos D1 mini with a max485 module, the rest is software I wrote. Its quite a mess right now but I am planning on publishing it sometime in the near future.

As of now I am able to set ambient temperature, setpoint, fan intensity, swing, and made a “fan only” mode, too. The only thing I am not happy with yet is that the controls and the infrared remote control do not work anymore. If I’m really motivated I might look into that too sometime.

I confirm that by reading the Olympia manual, enabling the remote mode completely disables the remote control. So do not waste time unfortunately it is like that. Probably their purpose was to manage fancoils as a hotel. I am very interested if you publish your great job.

You are right, it will be impossible by default. but the “main board” communicates with the “touch remote” over a 4 wire cable. looking like VCC, GND, and some serial communication. I would take a look at that and see if its possible to unplug the touch remote from the main board and plug it in to the ESP8266. Same with the IR remote control. I will take a look at the data they send and it should in theory be possible to decode the command in the ESP and forward it to the fancoil over modbus

It might actually be achievable…

Hello to both. I have installed now in my home olimpia splendid fan coils BI2 SL smart and i would like to ask your help. wich interface did you got to control this?

Can you give me an hint on this?

Thanks

Hi there, did you eventually pubished your work for the modbus configuration for olimpia splendid? i would like to take a look at it since i’m planning to remote control my 6 bi2 units, any idea where to start?

Hi!
Looks like I never did, will try to remember to do it tomorrow or Monday.
I have been using it since quite some time now without any issues.
It is not connected directly to Home Assistant, though.
It only has a http Server.

Connecting via mqtt should be not too difficult, though.

Happy new year!

1 Like

Oh yeah that could be a great start, mqtt could be fine for my needs, looking forward to see how you got it to work!

and Happy New Year to you too! :slight_smile:

It is now on github:

I just quickly moved it there, without useful docs or anything, sorry for the mess.

1 Like

great i gonna have a look asap, thanks a lot!

hi, I’m following your project, I’m not an expert, I wanted to ask you if you could describe the connections between the d1 mini and the max 485, and if it is necessary to install the 120 hom resistor between the terminals of the max 485. if I can get it to work I will try to integrate it with Home Assistant. Anyway thanks for what you do and sorry my translator language.

You PROBABLY do not need the resistor for these transmission speeds IF the line is not long and it is a low noise environment. But it definitely won’t hurt. PM me your email address for details.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly
Thanks …