Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Thanks a lot Michael. I’m a native French und mein Deutsch nicht mehr viel wert. Aber es wird genug sein, um eine Dokumentation (?) zu verstehen :-/

I will look into it. I’m still wondering if an Sdongle with a wifi connection to a main router will work (present the Modbus port to other client of the router). If anyone here knows, please tell me.

I encourage you to edit the Wiki/create a PR for the README once you figure it out. My installation came without an SDongle, and the conflicting accounts for the scenario with the dongle come from different people that came to different conclusions.

I do plan to add support for connecting to the inverter via an USB-to-rs485 dongle that is wired to the RS485_1 and RS485_2 pins, which should hopefully be easier for people to get up and running. Now I have the impression that half this topic is about people struggling with the networking side of things :confused:

So hopefully we can bring that to an end, and have people use cheap (easy to find for less than 3$/€) USB-to-rs485 dongles instead. For those who cannot wait: mbusd looks like a perfect piece of software glue between those cheap dongles and the existing integration that expects ModbusTCP.

beware. with connection to the dongle, we faced a spike reading both me and @ligeza

Did you face the same issue?

I’ve been using emilv2s and now wclrs integration connected to the dongle since January without problems.
Ok that was a lie, problems not created by myself…

Can you share your data or any screenshots?

If you can use Dongle’s wifi to connect that is the best method, bcz most of us are using these inverters with Huwaei dongle, which has long range and already remains connected to the internet for the feeding data to Huwaei server 24x7x365.

No additional hardware will be required and no messing with firewalls.

I bought the old Netgear router from the used market for $9.4 (Pkr 1600), only for connecting to the Huwaei router but now, it is being used for 10 other purposes too e.g it acts as a second ad-guard server beside the HAOS adguard add-on, SQM server and bandwidth monitor etc.

New Release: 1.1.0

New recommended connection option: direct serial RS485

This release features adds support for direct serial connection via the RS485A1 and RS485B1 pins of the COM-port of the SUN2000-inverter. This is the new preferred method of connecting to the inverter, as it is not susceptible to network connectivity issues, and has elevated permissions by default (necessary for retrieving optimizer data and setting battery configuration parameters).

New feature: reading optimizer data

This data is refreshed every 5 minutes, as the inverter does not offer more granular updates.

Exposed entities:

• Input Current
  • Input Voltage
  • Output Current
  • Output Voltage
  • Output Power
  • Temperature
  • Accumulated Energy Yield
  • Voltage to Ground (disabled by default)
  • Running Status (online/offline/disconnected)

The option “Advanced: elevate permissions” needs to be checked for this to work: the inverter requires elevated permissions to request the optimizer data.

Tip: the easiest way to find the Optimizer “devices” in Home Assistant is via:

• Go to Settings > “Devices & Services”
  • click on “X devices” in the “Huawei Solar” tile

You will now see a list of all devices associated with this integration, including one per optimizer:

Clicking on a specific optimizer will show you the entities associated with that specific optimizer. You can now rename them to something more clear for your setup.

4 Likes

Thanks Thijs,

That’s a very nice option. It requires a physical connection to the inverter and so does not directly solve the problems of people that would like to use a wireless connection to the inverter but RS485 to wifi adapters that support both STA and AP modes such as the WIFI HF7211-0 RS485 wifi server should fill-in the gap. To be tested and reported :slight_smile:

Great job !

Hello,
I was searching for a solution to replicate in HA a power flow card like the one of FusionSolar app.
My setup is a bit articulated since I have 2 inverters and 3 batteries and I’m a bit lost with parameter to be used and summed together.
Thanks in advance for your kind support.

My RS485 is connected to a smart power meter module. Can I connect the USB to RS485 in parallel at the inverter side?

The smart meter and battery should be connected to the RS485A2 and RS485B2 pins of your inverter (pins 3 and 4 in the case of my SUN2000-3KTL-L1).

The RS485A1 and RS485B1 pins should always be available on your (primary) inverter. In the case we’re you have multiple inverters that are connected in cascade the pins are used on the secondary inverters to connect to the primary inverter.

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

I have an M5 Atom RS485 lying around that I want to flash with a modbus bridge to test this scenario. I know that some people are already using a commercial RTU-to-TCP bridge together with my integration :slight_smile:

Ok, tnx a lot! Any pictures of the connector by accident? I’m on holiday right now. I have a 4,6ktl-l1 and didn’t know there were multiple rs485 pinouts.

Edit:
Picture:

I guess I can use RS485_2 if my installer already used RS485_1.

The numberings of your screenshot are a bit confusing, but looking at the installation videos is an excellent idea:

1 Like

Excellent tnx. I guess choosing A1+B1 or A2+B2 is no problem (in case my installer used A1+B1 for connecting the smart power meter)?

Great work! Thanks. Does anybody know if this also works with 2 cascaded inverters? As far as I understand, in a cascaded scenario, the RS485A1 und B1 pins are used to connect to the cascaded second inverter. Any insights would be highly appreciated!

Ok, so with this last update I lost the communication I had before Tried everything and not able to connect … I have ordered a usb pen drive but i have a question (might be silly) the usb pen connects where? On the Pi?

In my case, the installer had connected the power meter to pins 1+2, and the battery to pins 3+4. While that was a valid installation method for older types of inverters, it is no longer the case. After a firmware update of the inverter, the power meter stopped working. I followed the following guide to fix this issue: Power Meter is Abnormal after the inverter is upgraded .

This meant that I had to crimp the RS485 wires of the power meter and battery together to fit in the slot for pins 3+4. If you have a correctly setup installation, pins 1+2 should be free (if you have only one inverter in your setup).

1 Like

Tnx for your great explanation! Is it possible to switch from AP mode to serial mode or do I need to readd the integration?

You need to delete and re-add the integration.

1 Like

Hi everybody, thanks to this integration now i can read my system sensor.
I have a SUN2000-6ktl-L1 running firmware V200R001C00SPC119 with SDongle WLAN-LE running firmware V100R001C00SPC129.
I set up the parameters in the inverter as described.
For the integration setup:

• IP of inverter 192.168.107.xxx (ip of my home LAN).
  • Port 502
  • Slave 1