Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Hi,
any idea about getting battery charge level?
I read the pdf “Interface Definitions (V3.0)” but the tag: “[Energy
storage unit 1] Current-day charge capacity* RO U32 kWh 100 37015 2” at address 37015 doesn’t work. It is always 0!
The other tags work very well.

Regards

I have a SUN2000L-5KTL with a LG RESU-7H battery connected.
The battery related registers 37015, 37017, 37000, etc. seem (intentionally, I think) unavailables.
On the document “Solar Inverter Modbus Interface Definitions (V3.0).pdf” such registers are tagged as “supported only by certain models or standard codes”.
These are the reasons because of I suspect the that they are intentionally masked:
During last months I had some discussion with Huawei technical support because of a very poor actual efficiency of the energy storage system.
It never is higher than 80% at high power discharge, very worse at low power discharge.
The self-discharge, when the battery is inactive, is as high as 0,5-1KWh each night!
(Despite the installation site assure the best environmental conditions, 15 to 30°C along the whole year).
Recently something changed on the Huawei FusionSolar app about the storage energy computation. Now the auto-discharge energy is computed as returned energy (!), while previously it was not. Really a bit strange.
Also it is a bit strange that there is no manner to find any document wich reports the actual efficiency of the LG RESU batteries. The DC efficiency only is published, but it does not include the intensive internal DC-DC converter self-consumption. If someone is able to find it, let me know, please.
I asked to Huawei and LG technical support a document wich report the storage global efficiency with no reply.
I also asked to Huawei the same info about theyr “LUNA” storage systems. While the support service replied quickly to any other request, no reply received to this request, even after solicitation.
I suggest to everybody to ask for this data before the purchasing of any storage system and I suggest to any owner of storage system to claim to the Huawei support service the unmasking of the registers.

However it seems that someone has been able to read the battery registers, have a look to Request for aditional atributes · Issue #3 · Emilv2/huawei_solar · GitHub

Hi, can you tell me how do you get data from the inverter more than once every 5 minutes? I also want to make similar, maybe less fancy dashboards in Grafana, but 5 minutes is 20 times too rare;)

If you comunicate directly with inverter modbus RTU port no any restrictions with requests periodicity,
you can read registers every 2 seconds

only one problem if you use wifi dongle, dongle acts as modbus master and periodicaly causes collisions with your requests

Ok, so modbus is the way I need to know. can you pick up where to start?

Hi what are you connecting to rs485 in inverter? rs485> wifi or maybe rs485> usb> rpi?
And could you please provide a piece of script that downloads data via RS485 and puts it into Influxdb? :slight_smile:
Can you drop a proven interface on the Allegro? :wink:
Greetings.

You can use TCP->UDP MODBUS converter in example USR-DR302 from aliexpress

Dane można pobierać łącząc się do falownika poprze WiFi, tylko nie do tego z smart dongle, tylko tego wbudowanego AP w falownik. Skoro dane chcesz zapisywać do influxdb, a więc musisz mieć już jakieś urządzenie które pracuje 24/7. Jeśli jest to rpi to wystarczy dorzucić jakieś wifi na usb które łączy się do falownika, zainstalować Home Assistent i skonfigurować integrację. Jeśli jest to NAS to można zrobić podobnie. Dane domyślnie pobierane są co 30s w czasie rzeczywistym, ale można to zmienić i pobierać częściej. U mnie z racji teg że falownik jest zamontowany w garażu to użyłem dodatkowy stary router którego skonfigurowałem w trybie gateway zablokowałem dhcp i podpiełem pod sieć domową. Jeśli wolisz jakieś własne rozwiązanie to możesz przy pomocy python sam wyciągać konkretne dane i wysyłać je do bazy danych huawei-solar · PyPI

Super, dzięki za tip. Grafanę z influxem mam już od dawna i używam do wielu dashboardów, od pogody, smogu, danych z pieca co, temperatur w domu aż do zużycia energii. Ale PV wjechała na dach dwa tygodnie temu a to kolejne źródło cennych danych :wink: a te wykresy w fusionsolar odświeżane co 5 minut o ile w ogóle działa to jest słabe. Ok, To teraz muszę ogarnąć wifi clienta w pobliżu falownika i działam :slight_smile: Dzięki jeszcze raz, może wrócę jeszcze z pytaniami trochę później.
może jedno teraz. A czy potrzebuje uprawnienia admina na falowniku? w sensie czy jest jakieś hasło ustawione przez instalatorów które może mi popsuć zabawę?

Może być zmienione hasło do faownika do wifi. Domyślnie jest Changeme i hasło instalatora 00000a. Jeśli da się połączyć aplikacją FusionHome to z podłączeniem Home Assistenta nie powinno być problemu.

The register 37001 (battery power) works for me.

- name: PV1 battery power
        register: 37001
        unit_of_measurement: W
        count: 2
        data_type: int

Dane można pobierać łącząc się do falownika poprze WiFi, tylko nie do tego z smart dongle, tylko tego wbudowanego AP w falownik. Skoro dane chcesz zapisywać do influxdb, a więc musisz mieć już jakieś urządzenie które pracuje 24/7. Jeśli jest to rpi to wystarczy dorzucić jakieś wifi na usb które łączy się do falownika, zainstalować Home Assistent i skonfigurować integrację. Jeśli jest to NAS to można zrobić podobnie. Dane domyślnie pobierane są co 30s w czasie rzeczywistym, ale można to zmienić i pobierać częściej. U mnie z racji teg że falownik jest zamontowany w garażu to użyłem dodatkowy stary router którego skonfigurowałem w trybie gateway zablokowałem dhcp i podpiełem pod sieć domową.

U mnie falownik jest podpięty kablem LAN do dongla. Czyli przy takim sposobie połączenia, nie mam możliwości uzyskania danych z falownika? mam postawionego Home assistant na rpi i chciałbym podpiąć falownik w tej integracji, bez jakichś wielkich kombinacji (nie ukrywam że nie znam się na tym poprostu :wink: )…

W ten sposób się nie da, ale jeśli rpi jest niedaleko falownika, to wystarczy dodatkowa karta wifi na usb podpięta do rpi i połączona z falownikiem aby zrobić tą integrację z HA

Sieć ogarnięta, ale utknąłem na python3 huawei_solar.py, nie mam konkretnego pytania bo nie mam żadnego błędu ani wyniku. Mógłbyś napisać krótkie “how to” jak używać skrypt??

Mój cel to zaciągać część z dostępnych danych i wrzucać je do Influxdb.

Było już tu pokazane jak się posługiwać. Więc zamieszczam odnośniki. Sam nie korzystam w ten sposób tylko za pomocą Home Assistant więc tam inaczej to wygląda. Musisz sam potestować.

Listę dostępnych wartości możesz podejrzeć w kodzie tego programu

1 Like

Hi,

would you share your customized dashboards from influxDB & Grafana ?
Im not very familiar with the queries (i was able to create those from the sensor data), however creating the readable dashboards itself looks bit complicated (still learning).

Hi,

I have a Huawei sun2000-6ktl-m1 with a wifi dongle. It has two wireless networks and I used another router to link the internal wifi (192.168.200.1 in my case) with the local network. In the end I managed to get HA to see it, but I get now this error in the log :

2021-04-22 14:15:13 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [huawei_solar.huawei_solar] could not read register value, is an other device already connected?

2021-04-22 14:15:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up huawei_solar platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 198, in _async_setup_platform

await asyncio.shield(task)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/config/custom_components/huawei_solar/sensor.py", line 109, in setup_platform

HuaweiSolarSensor(inverter, config[CONF_OPTIMIZERS], config[CONF_BATTERY])

File "/config/custom_components/huawei_solar/sensor.py", line 124, in __init__

self._name = self._inverter.get("model_name").value

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py", line 40, in get

response = self.read_register(reg.register, reg.length)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py", line 189, in read_register

raise ReadException(message)

huawei_solar.huawei_solar.ReadException: could not read register value, is an other device already connected?

I can ping it and I can run

curl -v 192.168.200.1:502 and it connects.

I use hass.io on a Raspberry so no python3 access.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Do you have optimizers or battery connected to inverter?
If not use

sensor:
  - platform: huawei_solar   
    host: '192.168.200.1'

or set

optimizers: false
battery: false

No optimizers and I had already both set to false…

Also the wifi connection is really weird, it disconnects a lot. I have the inverter outside and the router about 3 meters away. I need to get it closer and see if it makes a difference.

Did you try:

I know person that after adding this integration also huawei_solar started working. I think it might be related to dependencies.
If modbus integration will work, that mean that there is everything OK with network connection.