Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Hello,
I’m new to fusionsolar and to this community
Thanks a lot to the main contributors for all the work done
I’m not yet using home assistant, trying first to get huawei data from a windows computer and I’m a little bit lost with the possibilities and how to make them work
I’m looking for getting the value of network power from smart power sensor, which I can see on fusionsolar web page

My sun2000L1 is connected to wifi without a dongle, and my windows computer is also connected to wifi

I tried pip install huawei-solar, with the ip adress of the sun 2000

import huawei_solar
inverter = huawei_solar.HuaweiSolar('192.168.1.63')
Modbus Error: [Connection] Failed to connect[ModbusTcpClient(192.168.1.63:502)]

I understood this requires a dongle, and some router configuration, which I don’t have

I tried pip install fusionsolar

from fusionsolar import Client, PandasClient
with PandasClient(user_name=user, system_code=password) as client:

Using my fusionsolar credential I got

HTTPError: {'data': None, 'success': False, 'failCode': 20001, 'params': {'currentTime': 1662805932675}, 'message': None}

Using huawei API credential that I request at [email protected], I got

HTTPError: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://intl.fusionsolar.huawei.com/thirdData/getStationList

I tried pip install fusion-solar-py
pypi org project fusion-solar-py

from fusion_solar_py.client import FusionSolarClient
client = FusionSolarClient("username", "password")

With fusionsolar credential I got

raise RequestsJSONDecodeError(e.msg, e.doc, e.pos)
JSONDecodeError: Expecting value

with API credential, I got

AuthenticationException: Failed to login into FusionSolarAPI: Login failed. Enter the correct username and password.

There’s also this github that I didn’t try
github BlazejosP huawei-sun2000-API-CLI
And the POST tutorial from huawei API that I didn’t try either
Finally I understood that it’s possible to call fusionsolar with a RAPI request from http but I couldn’t find clear instructions :frowning:

sorry for those newbie attemps!
Any advise on how to use one of those possibilities ?

Stefan,

To direct access the inverter you need the SUN 2000 App (‎SUN2000 in de App Store), important: only 1 client can connect to the inverter, means if you’re connected with HA you need to disconnect there first. With the app you can logon to the inverter and adapt the modbus Dongle settings / address.

Regards,

Geert

Cailloup,

Port is 6607, not 502. Modbus ID for dongle is 1

Regards

Naive try:
inverter = huawei_solar.HuaweiSolar(“192.168.1.63:6607”)
Modbus Error: [Connection] Failed to connect[ModbusTcpClient(192.168.1.63:6607:502)]

It seems I’m supposed to fill something like that

modbus:
  - name: Huawei Solar
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.63
    port: 6607

In a configuration.yalm file ? Where should I find and put this file ?
It’s not in huawei solar installation folder AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\huawei_solar
It is only related to HA interface ?

Does it make sense to talk about modbus for dongle since I’m using built-in wifi connection of the inverter ? Is dongle refering to something else than an external wifi module " Huawei Smart Dongle - Wi-Fi and Ethernet Network Adapter" ?

Yep something like this.

1 Like

I just start it from scratch because of the old integration cannot read any value from the inverter when i upgraded to new HA core OS. So I decided to start with new wlcrs’s version which is easier!!

Ok, can I also upgrade the firmware from there?

I used the kiosk mode from https://github.com/tijsverkoyen/Home-Assistant-FusionSolar-Kiosk which works pretty well, but the problem is that I only get updates every 30 min. Is there a possibility to reduce this interval to 30 - 60 seconds?

1 Like

I will answer the question myself, yes you can upgrade the firmware of the inverter. I managed to login with the app suggested and upgraded the inverter to V100R001C00SPC146 So the latest. But, how do I upgrade the Dongle? That one is still on V100R001C00SPC119

1 Like

Login to fusionsolar website → click on “plants” in the top bar → update management → click on add → choose the dongle and the newest version from the dropdown

1 Like

That is only available with an Installer account on Fusion Solar… I only have the “Local” Installer account.

where’s the Kiosk ? I can’t find it in Fusion Solar’s page

Can you share this with me?
Another swede here who just ordered 30kWh Luna battery and want to get this working.

Good day,
I am from the iobroker community and wanted to look at HA and integrate my KTL30-M3.
It is often asked about the load, there is modbus address 37500 with id 100, there is the value.

- name: Hauserverbrauch
        unit_of_measurement: W
        device_class: power
        state_class: measurement 
        slave: 100
        address: 37500
        data_type: int32
        count: 2
        scale: 1
        precision: 0
        scan_interval: 10

I also had a question, how can I use total “total_increasing” to show me daily consumptions.
Thanks a lot

Does anyone use this integration to command their battery to charge?

You can locally update dongle, batteries and any firmware from the local cellphone app. It worked way better for me than the Fusion Solar webpage.

Anyway you can always create yourself an installer account in FusionSolar using a different email.

Hi, I have problem with my new Huawei inverter and wifi dongle.
I have only user account what get from the installer company.
Must update my wifi dongle, because have this version V100R001C00SPC119
I create myself an installer account but it is empty now. How to move the devices to this account?
Or how and where can I download the newest firmware for the dongle to upgrade from my cellphone?

1 Like

With the phone app you can locally access the inverter just if the installer did not changed the default password ‘00000a’ and connecting to the inverter’s local network. Otherwise you must ask for it, or factory reset the device and quick install it again (don’t know how but I think it is in the wki already).

The firmware images are downloaded automatically by the FusionSolar phone app .

1 Like

They changed it, so I can’t login to the inverter with installer account only user acc. But if I log in with user account I can only update the inverter and mbus firmware. It is done yet.
I can log in with installer account to the Dongle, but there I can’t update the firmware only can chose file from locally but don’t have this firmware file. So where can I download the dongle firmware? And which version is good for me to use with Home Assistant?

Thank Your help.

1 Like

this is really stupid

if we bought the system, we should have access to all

in fact, i’ve asked for the fusionsolar credentials, they’ve loged in on my mobile phone… then i’ve removed from their account and configured on my own

i’ve bought the system, so it’s mine, not for others to “work on it”

in fact they place “ok” on several agreements, that i’ve didn’t agree

1 Like