Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

It is a basic/temporary installation, until I manage to build something to hold the fans, or 3D print a shroud.
I zip tied and placed the two fans on the inverter, connected them to a relay that is being controlled by an esp8266. There is a downconverter that steps down the 12v to 5v, for the ESP board.

In HA I have an automation that controls the relay depending of the temperature reported my the inverter.

2 Likes

Interesting setup :wink:

Iā€™ve made a slightly different approach by using a WiFi Xiaomi Mi Smart Standing Fan 1C Fan.

Maybe consuming more energy and not so efficient, but works out of the box with HASC Xiaomi Mi Smart Pedestal Fan Integration.

Lovelace Card: Xiaomi Fan Lovelace Card

HA automation:

alias: Huawei Solar - Inverter Fan Control
description: >-
  Turns On a fan if Huawei SUN2000-3/4/5/6/8/10KTL-M1 Inverter temperature gets
  higher than 45Ā°C
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.inverter_internal_temperature
condition: []
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: numeric_state
            entity_id: sensor.inverter_internal_temperature
            below: 43
        sequence:
          - service: fan.turn_off
            data: {}
            target:
              entity_id: fan.xiaomi_smart_fan
          - service: xiaomi_miio_fan.fan_set_buzzer_off
            data:
      - conditions:
          - condition: numeric_state
            entity_id: sensor.inverter_internal_temperature
            above: 45
        sequence:
          - service: fan.turn_on
            data:
              percentage: 33
            target:
          - service: fan.oscillate
            data:
              oscillating: true
            target:
          - service: xiaomi_miio_fan.fan_set_buzzer_off
            data:
mode: single
1 Like

Hello Joem,

Thanks for the details

1 Like

I have a huge problem with my inverter. This morning, I changed the ā€œPeak Shaving SOCā€ in the HA intergration and now my inverter has gone crazy. Even though the sun is shining, it does not produce any power anymore. From the data it appears as if it is now only producing power to charge the battery. Since the battery is full now, it has stopped producing power. How in the world can I turn off all the peak shaving stuff? I canā€™t find a setting in Fusionsolar nor the HA integration to turn it off. Thank you!

With the use of the FusionSolar App and your installer account you can correct as proposed by Huawei.
Not the answer you are expecting for sure ā€¦

My settings:

I have played with:

Thank you. I always use the Sun2000 app with my installer account to change settings, but I could not find anything in there regarding ā€œpeak shavingā€. Not sure if my inverter even supports it.

After doing some more error diagnosis, I found that the inverter does not seem to produce AC power anymore. It charges the battery using DC power but cannot supply AC power anymore. Now I have to find out if this is a hardware problem or some other problem.

PS: So my problem does not seem to be related to changing the setting. Just a conincidence.

Peak Shaving is under my battery setting:

1 Like

Try to use the actual FusionSolar App from Huawei store - I deinstalled the potentially decommissioned sun2000 App this week.

What you can try is to start the initial inverter setup procedure via FusionSolar App to reset to the recommended country specific parameters.

Iā€™ve done this on Tuesday without any impact.

1 Like

I have now received some further information from a PV forum that this could be due to a calibration of the battery. If this is really the case, then this would be unbelievable. That Huawei triggers a calibration which in turn deactivates the inverter and all of this without notification. But letā€™s get back to topic. I donā€™t want to hijack this threat. I just thought that this could be a useful information for others who come across the same problem.

Oh yeah, even with my installer account they forced updating firmware in my inverter remotely without any asking (there was only a notification in their portal about their plans)ā€¦ I had to do it manually so far, but it seems those times are goneā€¦

1 Like

The last 2 or 3 months I have increasing trouble with the integration. After the integration has worked almost flawlessly in 2022, I recently get a lot of ā€œCould not read register value, has another device interrupted the connection?ā€ and ā€œModbus client is not connected to the inverter.ā€ errors. Has anyone else also seen those errors recently? Unfortunately, I donā€™t remember with which version those problems started.

My setup is a bit complicated, because I have 2 Wifi to LAN bridges which connect directly to the internal APs of my 2 inverters. So I have 2 IPs and I have setup the integration twice. One for each inverter. This setup worked perfectly in 2022. I didnā€™t change anything, but now Iā€™m getting all those errors. Any hint why this is happening would be appreciated. Thanks!

Same here. Was working fine for months with USB modbus and last week I had to keep restarting the integration because of connection errors. Iā€™ve switched to use the wifi Local O&M and itā€™s been running perfectly fine since 2 days!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is ā€œWifi Local O&Mā€?

Since some months itā€™s TNX to newer firmwares possible again to read from your inverter via the IP it gets in your network. You have to enable the O&M option for this.

Do you mean via the Dongle? But this was always very slow. What update interval do you use?

And I still donā€˜t understand what ā€žO&Mā€œ means? Sorry, but Iā€˜m a little bit older and not very good with abbreviations. :slight_smile:

Operation and Maintenance. Just search back this thread, eg here:

1 Like

Thanks! Sounds interesting, but most likely will not work in my setup with 2 cascaded inverters. But I will check.

Hey All

So my setup is 2 x SUN2000-10KTL-M1, Huawei Power Sensor, and a Huawei Sdongle.
I have retrieved the dongle IP from my network so I know this is correct, and the port was 502

in Fusion under device configuration the ModbusID address is as follows

S-Dongle : Port ID 100 - When I try to connect on this I get failed to retrieve data
Master : 1 - When I try to connect on this I get only get a connection on the power sensor and master only
Slave :2 - When I try to connect on this I get Failed to Connect - i also tried with 0 no luck either

Am I missing something? how do i get the slave to be picked up also ?

also i notice that it can be temperamental trying to connect so have had to restart HA alot

Thanks

The best is to login to the inverter directly using the installer password an check the modbus id of each inverter. In my case it was 15 (if I remember correctly) for the slave inverter.

Hey, yes so that is what I did but i still can only connect to the Master and Power sensor I can not connect to either the dongle or slave?