Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Hey. No I didn’t. What I did do though is switch to Power Flow Card Plus

It computes the figure for me and shows me the instantaneous value which is enough for me.

If someone has really figured it out I’d be grateful if they’d share the code.

Hi All,
I had a weird bug which I’ll put down to a timeout - effectively I lost connection around 4am to the Huawei Inverter (the integration wasn’t pulling data from a r4 to inverter via 192.168.200.1 connection), on trying to reconnect using the integration it kept pulling errors.

To fix I re-downloaded the latest beta version of the integration (1.2.6b7) through HACS and that seemed to fix things up (as opposed to me dumping 1.25 into the custom integrations folder). SO just a heads up if they encountered the same issue. Great integration and supporting documentation in anycase!

Hi Thijs,

I managed to get the huawei integration running, werkt echt super! bedankt!

Do you know how i can (calculate) a correct load from my house? Or should i install another power meter to measure this correct?

When the battery is full and the solar panels are going to the net my flow chart is wrong…

1 Like

@nesnajkneh you have it here

I did too, I gave it a try today from scratch and now it is working fine. Thank you for your help wlcrs. I don’t know what was the cause in my case.

I have the issue that several times per day the entities (sensors) are not available. They come back after a while, but is kind of annoying.

same here

but I have a Data Pooling every 2 seconds, so goes away

1 Like

To make matters worse, I tried uninstalling an re-installing the integration to solve the above issue … Now I cant setup the integration anymore, since I get a ‘Failed to connect’ Error …

I’m using 1.2.6b5

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:143
First occurred: 11 July 2023 at 22:01:41 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11 July 2023 at 22:42:58

Aborting client creation due to error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 294, in _do_read
raise ConnectionInterruptedException(message)
huawei_solar.exceptions.ConnectionInterruptedException: Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 137, in create
await huawei_solar._initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 90, in _initialize
self.time_zone = (await self.get(rn.TIME_ZONE)).value
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 215, in get
return (await self.get_multiple([name], slave))[0]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 250, in get_multiple
response = await self._read_registers(registers[0].register, total_length, slave)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 328, in _read_registers
result = await _do_read()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 159, in retry
await _call_handlers(on_giveup, **details, exception=e)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 37, in _call_handlers
await handler(details)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 16, in f
return coro_or_func(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 276, in backoff_giveup
raise ReadException(f"Failed to read register {register} after {details[‘tries’]} tries")
huawei_solar.exceptions.ReadException: Failed to read register 43006 after 6 tries

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:293
First occurred: 11 July 2023 at 22:01:10 (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 11 July 2023 at 22:42:58
Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.
NoneType: None

Anyone have code for a sensor that shows house consumption live based on this integration?
I have a setup with battery and smartmeter (and ofc solarpanels)

Br

i’ve place it on post 2110

Thank you.

I do get an error code, “missed comma between flow collection” that I don’t know how to solve.

Hi guys,

I unable tot add my converter.
When i try to add the converter to the HA addon, i got an unexepected error.

I have enabled O&M autorisation, tried both port 502 and 6607. But still no luck.

Anyone got some tips?
Kind regards

did you enter installator menu and setup ethernet modbus?

Thanks for your answer.

I read that mode needs to be enabled.
I cannot find that option in my installer menu.
The wifi dongle is not a requirement for this, is it?
I mean, the converter has wifi, so why adding a second adapter?

You need the dongle, or you need to connect two networks together. I am personally using dongle with Ethernet output, it’s easier to setup. So if you don’t want the dongle then you need to connect the host wifi of the invertor and your network. It’s much harder.

Hello. I managed to connect with an ew11 device through Serial connection to a Modbus RTU-to-TCP bridge to a SUN2000-5ktl-l1 inverter and I only get one working entity:

Am I doing anything wrong?

Edit: yes, I’m doing something wrong; I didn’t wait several minutes. Now I can see:

Hello,
i have a Huawei 2000L + FE Dongle + 5Kw Battery + Backup BOX. Dongle is connected with a cable to a 24-port Mikrotik router.

I have some questions:

1. I have a watchdog to check the IP connectivity of the inverter with a simple ping to its address. At random (1 a week, 3 a day, really random) I lose connection with the inverter (the dongle starts to flash red) and I receive a notification from my watchdog system. Does anyone have the same issue? Sometimes I have to software disable/enable (like a cable disconnect/connect) the ethernet port to have connectivity again.

2. I have noted in Mikrotik stats that connectivity with the dongle is 100M Half-Duplex and not Full-Duplex. In the documentation, this specification is not reported. It’s my dongle not working or it’s correct?

3. Having the Backup-Box, so when the grid goes down I can use battery power. There is a parameter called “Backup power SOC (%)” which accepts a value between 0 and 100. This value is the low threshold that the battery charge level must not exceed, to be sure that there is a minimum quantity of energy for off-grid cases. There is a way to handle this parameter through the integration? This would be very useful to optimize battery usage, for example, I would like to check whether conditions for the next 24H and if there is a high probability of bad weather conditions I can automatically increase this value.

Many thanks

Hello,

thanks for our great work here!
Your integration works pretty well (SDongle Modbus TCP) for a part of my System, it recognizes:

1. Battery (Luna2000)
  2. The Master Inverter Sun2000-8KTL-M1
  3. Smart Power Meter

But one thing is not working and I could not find a solution. I have a inverter cascade with a second “Slave” Inverter (Sun2000-6KTL-M1) which is not recognized.

How can I implement this second inverter?

Thanks a lot!

Talked too soon. I have an intelligent meter ddsu666-h that was connected to misfits pond 1 and 2. It didn’t measure fine, so I changed to ours 3 and 4 and not it works perfectly but now elfin ew11 doesn’t get any info. Log says:

Giving up _do_read(...) after 6 tries (huawei_solar.exceptions.ConnectionInterruptedException: Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.)

Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

I’ve tried to switch wires from ew11 to pins 1 and 2 with no result.

Any help?

:warning:Warning :warning:: connections via a Huawei Dongle are noticeably more unreliable than other options. We therefore recommend AGAINST this option if possible.

source : https://github.com/wlcrs/huawei_solar/wiki/Connecting-to-the-inverter#network-connection

:warning:Note :warning:: when the dongle is unable to connect to the Huawei FusionSolar cloud (for example due to a service or network outage), it will periodically restart in an attempt to restore connectivity. This will also interrupt the connection to this integration.

Connect to the inverter AP (SUN2000-<serial_no> wifi)

On 192.168.200.1 port 6607 (for firmware versions starting from December 2021) or port 502 (for older firmware versions). This is the way the “Device Commissioning” part of the FusionSolar app connects to the inverter and is the most reliable.

------------------------------------???---------------------------------------

hey guys, i read some use the DongleFE or wifi Dongle, is there some who just use the integrate wifi as recommanded please?