Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Thank’s for reply,

after many attempts, I found that the signal emitted by the inverter is too weak. I amplified it with a router, and now this appears:

first SUN2000… with full signal (100) is after extender, and last SUN2000… with 30db signal is inverter itself

I restart HA, but nothing new :frowning:

maybe is helpful for debug:

this is properties of extented inverter:

|SSID:|SUN2000-HV20B0025337|
|---|---|
|Protocol:|Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)|
|Security type:|WPA2-Personal|
|Network band:|2.4 GHz|
|Network channel:|3|
|Link speed (Receive/Transmit):|19/26 (Mbps)|
|Link-local IPv6 address:|fe80::85b5:16:6565:1549%15|
|IPv4 address:|192.168.200.102|
|IPv4 DNS servers:|192.168.200.1|
|Manufacturer:|Intel Corporation|
|Description:|Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz|
|Driver version:|22.10.0.7|
|Physical address (MAC):|34-C9-3D-8A-9B-93|

Finally :sweat_smile: it works !!!

Thanks for the help and this integration. Now wish the configuration part in the dashboard

Thanks again!

1 Like

Can you tell me what more you did need to do to get it working so I can put it in the readme?

Can everyone here confirm it’s the SUN2000L series which you can connect to via the WiFi client and the SUN2000 series which will only accept a connection via the AP?

Of course. The main problem was the weak signal of the inverter’s internal wifi. I haven’t changed anything in the configuration. I put a router as an extender for the inverter (in the configuration for the extender using the same SSID as the inverter “SUN2000-xxxxxxx” pass “Cha …”).
For testing and wifi connection, I followed the link: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-connecting-pi-with-home-assistant-os-to-wifi-or-other-networking- changes / 98768/140
I used:
nmcli device wifi rescan
nmcli device wifi
to check the wifi connection.

Than you use:
nmcli con show
to check the connection.

If not shown, use:
nmcli device wifi connect "YOUR_SSID" password "YOUR_WIFI_PASSWORD"
The output will be similar to
"Device 'wlan0' successfully activated with...."

Than check the ping IP address of the router.

If the ping is fine … everything is fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Emilv2, all,

I have installed the module but I have this error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/huawei_solar/sensor.py:321
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:17:01 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:17:01

huawei_solar: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 358, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 466, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/huawei_solar/sensor.py", line 321, in update
    self._storage_charge_current_day_charge_capacity = self._inverter.get(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py", line 39, in get
    reg = REGISTERS[name]
KeyError: 'storage_charge_current_day_charge_capacity'

Oops, typo. Should be fixed now.

Hi, Emilv2, thankyou very much for your fantastic work.
I have a sun2000_6ktl_l1 IDModel: 343 with SUN2000LV200R001C00SPC105 firmware.

I connect by AP and HA is running on a VirtualMachine by ethernet on the same network, I have only one problem, when it has been running for about two days the inverter stops responding and I have to restart it to keep it working, I am investigating the reason. Perhaps a query every 30 seconds is excessive.

I know person that changed it to 10 seconds and have no problem with inverter. Can you read error logs from inverter?

I got the logs from the FusionHome app connecting directly to the inverter, but I don’t know which app to read them with, do you know another way to get the logs?

You’re the first that mentions potential issues with querying too much, so I would assume that is not the problem. I can look into adding the scan_interval option, shouldn’t be too difficult.

For now I suggest you debug with a python script that scans every x seconds.

Maybe it is a problem with my inverter model. I dont have a knowledge of python, I implement it thanks to this post, I installed HA because I could not find how to implement the inverter query from HC2 from Fibaro and I liked HA a lot

Hi emily2 and all. Nice work with the component!

I’m struggling with the connection to my SUN2000 10KTL-M1 internal wifi. I use method MirceaD describes but get a error code.```

nmcli device wifi connect "SUN2000-HV20B0079900" password "XX"
The output comes back as
Error: Connection activation failed: (7) Secrets were required, but not provided
I can connect to my other wireless networks with no problem.

Anyone with the same problem or have a solution to my annoying problem.

Some people have reported issues with the latest Home Assistant version. If you rely on this integration I suggest you wait a bit with updating, I’ll try to fix it as soon as possible.

hello everyone, i have updated core-2021.3.2 and my inverter integration has stopped working. I report this capture with the error.

thanks all.

Hi, I plan to buy a Huawei SUN2000 - 4.6 KTL - L1 inverter with a Huawei LUNA2000-5KW-CO power module and 2 Huawei LUNA2000-5-E0 Battery modules.
Any idea when I integrate it with HA if I can will be able to see all the data, including the power module and battery information?

@Emilv2 Hi, are you able to provide some ETA?
I’m just asking, maybe should i downgrade my version of HA because fusionsolar portal works really bad last days.

Hello, I uploaded a copy of the previous version, unfortunately the problem still remains. I am waiting for the integration update.

I’m using

|Wersja |core-2021.3.2|
|Wersja Pythona |3.9.1|

and for me everything works perfectly. Is it known bug?

I had the same problem.
I have home assistant core on RPi3:

• not working from 3 days ago, immediately after Home Assistant core updating to 2021.3.2
  • not working after a restore of previous global (well working) screenshot
  • not working after a successive new updating to Home Assistant core 2021.3.2
    BUT, after a couple of days, during last night I restarted the system for other reasons and all started to work correctly, even if no relevant change have been done.
    It would seem that it was not a problem of the integration.
    I also noted some other small problem with the recorded data, some graphs not related to the huawei_solar integration were not updated during malfunctioning while now all is ok.

I EDIT for @emilv2 firstly:
without any change, the day after I experienced newly, but temporarily, the same problem.
The problem disappeared some hours after with no intervention.
Really strange fact.