Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Once you add the sensor to sensor.yaml a new sensor called sun2000 will show Up.

Emilv2 component works fine. I haven’t tried other way as this one works fine.

1 Like

how to do that. A small tutorial on this installation will help many Huawei inverter users.

As described here GitHub - Emilv2/huawei_solar: Home Assistant custom component for Huawei inverters you need to include a sensor in sensors.yaml:
sensor:

• platform: huawei_solar
    host: ‘192.168.0.123’
    optimizers: false
    battery: false

A new sensor will appear: sensor.sun2000_6ktl_l1. This sensor contains as attributes all the inverter info included in Emilv2 component.

Do you have a GitHub repository or a webpage with instructions how to build this?

Hi, i have 3 questions for you:

1. Why you didn’t use the Homeassistant modbus integration directly instead of MQTT?
  2. Can you tell us where exactly you picked modbus signals on Huawei connector (which pins)?
  3. Do you also have battery connected to your inverter?

Hi, it is true that to use Huawei modbus over wifi, you must connect to its acces point? It is very unhandy to do… How can be done if you already have say a Raspberry connected through wifi to te main home router??

Yes, it’s true. If you have smart dongle with firmware ending with 120, then you can read data with RJ45 cable connected to smart dongle. But to use @Emilv2 w integration you have to modify it, because with LAN cable it doesn’t works out of box.

Ok, now i start to understand something… So the @Emilv2 integration works only as modbus slave for its side, right? And the modbus TCP over Huawei access point is the modbus master, i’m right?

I don’t know how it works, but with LAN cable after changing in huawei_solar.py from:

response = self.client.read_holding_registers(register, length)

to

response = self.client.read_holding_registers(register, length, unit=1)

integration works for me. Also if you want use modbus integration with lan you have to add slave: 1:

modbus:
  - name: Solar
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.76
    port: 502
    sensors:
      - name: Solar SunPower
        slave: 1
        address: 32080
        unit_of_measurement: W
        data_type: int
        count: 2
        scale: 1
        precision: 1
        scan_interval: 10
1 Like

In conclusion, do you use @Emilv2 integration or modbus integration?

I use @Emilv2 integration and I’m connecting to internal inverter AP, I never had any problems with it. For me it works stable. I tested also on my test HA this integration with LAN cable (they, HA connected to AP and other HA conected with LAN, can work together at the same time) and it also worked stable for me.

As of today I am getting this error

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:849
First occurred: 14:18:52 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:18:52

Platform error: sensor - Integration ‘huawei_solar’ not found.

Any ideas? It worked fine for almost 6 months.

Missing or damaged files in custom_components dir.

i have the same message after update core-2021.6.2.

Platform error: sensor - Integration ‘huawei_solar’ not found.how fix that?

Did you try to update the files in huawei_solar dir? In April was update in manifest.json file.
“# Add required version to manifest.json” and older versions of this integration may not work with newest HA.

Hi Giel,

I don’t have a repositoty o web page. But if you are interesed, I can try to make one.
The pcb is very simple, but remember that you need a external rs232-rs485 coneverter.

Hi Giovanni,

1- I understand that I need an old router to connect my lan to internal inverter wifi. I need an external hardware to connect HA with Inverter.
And I decide use MQTT to connect many device to HA.
I made a freezer wifi. With another esp8266
I have many switches with MQTT
I made a DSC pannel to MQTT, etc.

2- I used Pines 1-2 RS485-1 from inverter COM port
3- No, I don’t have battery.

Regards

no.pleas did you have some instruction what i must change .thanks

Copy files from GitHub - Emilv2/huawei_solar: Home Assistant custom component for Huawei inverters to custom_components just like you did for the first time. If you are using HACS you can add this as repository and update it with HACS