Integrations are working but missing from Devices/Services...where did they go?

Hi!

A simple but troubling puzzle…I have a HACS integration that is working but it doesn’t show up in Settings > Devices & Services…

In my case this is the Solarman integration…of which I run two instances as I have two inverters. I cannot be certain that this is the only integration that is missing form the list as I have quite a few.

I don’t know if this is a HACS/Solarman related problem or not, but at first glance I would expect that if HA knows about the integration and loads it on startup and it works that it should appear in the integration list.

As it is I cannot see/edit/remove the integration - even if I remove the integraton via HACS, restart HA, reinstall the integration, then got to Devices & Services the integration is still missing…but…it also still works. The configuration is preserved!

So now I have two problems - I cannot remove the integration fully (as the config is retained on removal) and I cannot edit the configuration either…it seems I am stuck in some sort of interim halfway/weird state where it works but doesn’t…

Any ideas as to how I can either expose it (so it works properly) or remove it completely and then re-install it?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that HACS is also another custom component so it might break down :slight_smile:

If you really want to get rid of solarman, go to custom_components folder of your installation and check if solarman exists (be sure that you don’t have configuration.yaml for it) delete it and restart home assistant.

Changes to custom_components are not effective until restart.

I just looked up solarman. If you installed it via configuration.yaml it won’t show up in the integrations list, if you installed via config-flow it should be visible in the integrations list.

If you installed it via configuration.yaml , delete it there and restart HA.

Maybe it simply doesn’t show up in the Devices & Services section? I did seem to recall it did…but it’s not there now…

So…I figured it out…I had it manually defined in the yaml and that must have removed it from the GUI (which is odd).

I’ve removed, restarted, and manually added them again via Devices & Services…now it’s fine…though it was a major PITA to have to rename all the entities again back to the original names…it would be good if there was an easy way to do this… :slight_smile:

Hopefully now it will stay where I left it…the only sad thing is that I was polling every 15 seconds and now it polls only once per minute (if that). So that’s suboptimal…guess we can’t have it all!

CP.

You either configure it via YAML or UI. YAML configured ones are not visible on UI.

Yaml integrations do not show up in the UI. This is standard across HA with the exception of MQTT.

Yes. Entirely my bad… I initially set them up via the GUI, then added the yaml-based config so I could increase the poll rate…at which point the GUI-based version vanished…hence some odd confusion on my part… :frowning: