Intel NUC, Ubuntu and Docker - Gotta Love It!

Can do even cheaper… https://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC7CJYH-Desktop-Computer-Celeron/dp/B07BTD3H5X/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=NUC&qid=1611011476&s=electronics&sr=1-20

I think I am maxing out my RPi 4. See below.
I am wondering what mini to buy to replace it. My thought is to run Debian Supervised.
I am looking at lower spec machines because I will run it as a dedicated HA machine:

Much appreciate some guidance.

This is all you need… mine idles… if you scroll down under the picture with a 240 SSD and 8 gig memory it’s like $220… I just set one up for a friend with Ubuntu 20.04 and HA as a virtual machine with VirtualBox and it’s rock solid. I did that because we run OpenVPN Server and DuckDNS on it under Ubuntu as well. If you do want to run it headless and access with VNC get a HDMI Dummy Plug for 5 bucks or so.

Thanks

Am I unrealistic to have hoped/expected a response from the native x64 dev team? I’m really hoping to run HA native rather than supervised. I really like the RPi environment and would stay with it if I wasn’t running out of horse power.

I can’t speak for them… My two cent’s though… I started with a Pi 3 moved to a Pi 4 and then I ran HA Native on that model NUC for quite awhile and it was rock solid. I only configured it with Ubuntu and VirtualBox because I gave it to my nephew and he needed a VPN Server so it made more sense to use the NUC for multiple apps. I now run HA on a Synology DS920+ in a VM for my house. $230 bucks isn’t that bad when you consider a RPI 4 alone is about $100 by the time you get everything you need. You can always try an Odroid N2+ which has about twice the power but for the little difference in price the NUC will smoke it performance wise. I haven’t heard one bad thing about using a NUC actually all the comments I’ve seen people who have them love them. Depend on what you are looking for performance wise $230 isn’t that bad of a price knowing you will never need to replace it unless it fails.