Intermittent response for Homekit accessories

I’m currently running 0.106.5 and I’m trying to get the homekit integration working. I have no issues pairing and seeing accessories within the Home app on my iphone. The problem is that I often lose response to all of the accessories. They come back sometimes only to lose response again. I’ve started from scratch several times and just added 1 accessory using the filter, but I still have the same problem no matter what entity I use (both zwave and zigbee). Any ideas?

Hi moogs!

I had the same problem, but thanks to another post in this forum, I came across IGMP snooping, which seems to be the root of the problem:

For me it was my netgear switch which had IGMP Snooping turned on. After turning it off, half a second later homekit started working again. I have to see whether it stays like this, but the almost immediate correlation between me switching IGMP Snooping off and homekit working is quite promising.

Try to locate any device that might have IGMP Snooping active and see whether disabling it solves your issues too!

2 Likes

Holy crap this worked! I had given up completely, but yeah I have a netgear switch as well and I never would have thought to go in there and play with settings. Thanks so much!

My pleasure, glad I could help!