Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Integration - Show last know sensor state when Printer is offline?

You are right, this cant solve this warning. This way only allows HA to keep memory of last valid status, but your warning shows a communication problem with your printer.
Anyway, if it connects often enough, you can ignore this warning.
Use ping, tracert to diagnose this problem.
Possible causes are
→ your printer is in sleep mode and slow to answer.
→ network issue. Is your printer connected in RJ45 or wifi to network, or USB to a host ?

No it actually shows only when I switch off my printer which is nearly all the time. Is there a way to ignore the warning so it does not show up anymore?

Sorry, no idea.

Thanks! it worked for me with an EPSON L5190 without making changes to the code.

Using the home-assistant-variables solution:
Sometimes the state is unavailable other times unknown with my cannon printer! I started off checking the printer status at first but it was often still idle while the ink states changed so I switched to checking each ink state for that inks var assignment. Same issue that the state can be unknown or unavailable and the value is lost.

Anyone know the the test can be for the left 2 characters which will un in either case or can I check for both in the same line?
Sorry I am learning Python, Yaml, and all the other things HA at this time.

This should do the trick:

{% if 'un' in states('sensor.canon_ts8300_series_black_bk') %}
true
{% endif %}
1 Like

Hi Guys, I’m trying to set an alert notification when the printer has reached certain uptime. Uptime entity by default is disabled, but it seems to be working and showing the right time when it’s enabled. However, upon checking it further with nodered, seems like the payload is not the same as what can be seen on HA. So the payload is actually the time stamp of when the machine was turned on and HA seems to have done some sort of calculation the background to subtract it from current time and show the results.
Just wondering if there’s a way so that I can set automation to send an alert when printer is left on for certain time? Thanks