Interview process when switching to Z-Wave JS UI taking forever

I have about 10 nodes that have been re-interviewing after I changed from Z-Wave JS to Z-Wave JS UI. I have some Z-Wave Open/Close sensors, an Aeotec Multi Sensor 7 and 6 (all but one of my Aeotec Multi Sensor 6s came in just fine), and 5 Aeotec leak sensors. It’s been going for several hours. All are battery devices.

If I had to re-add them it would not be the end of the world.

I did make sure the key entries matched from old to new as well as the USB port. If those were wrong, I would not have the BE469ZPs or the rest of the devices on S2 Authentication. I do notice that the BE469 is on S0_Legacy.

Any advice short of defaulting them and re-adding them? Any recommended wait before I do that?

1 Like

You need to wake them up via whatever that process is, described in the user manual. Battery devices will not respond to commands unless they wake up on their own, dictated by the configured wake up interval, or manually woken up. The wake up interval can vary from an hour to a week, depending on the default or how it’s been configured.

Perhaps too late for you, but I’ll take the opportunity to plug my community guide for switching add-ons which doesn’t require any re-interviewing.

4 Likes

Waking them up fixed it. Thank you.

1 Like

The same here.

My problem is that even with waking them up the interview does not finish.

Most of my sensors in this state are window sensors, so waking them up is the simplest thing, just open/close the window and it will transmit.

The strangest thing is at least for some of them (didn’t check them all yet) the device manuf and model are already known and they report back correctly if the window is opened or closed, but the status in the control panel is still locked on “node info”.

I even tried to take the battery out, wait a few seconds, and put it back in, but to no avail.

Is there a way to abort all of these interviews in one shot, and then maybe doing a one at a time rei-nterview would get better results?

I don’t know what to do next.

The sooner I would write the sooner I would get the solution… argh…

In case someone else comes by having the same issues with Fibaro FGDW002 it turns out that even though the devices communicate to report its status they ignore the interview requests.

The only solution is to open them up and tap the wakeup button inside, and only then they finish the interview.