IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

tried again and still at unknow state

I’ve got it working mostly with the new code, but I can’t set the Operation state at all, it just says unknown.

It lets me set the temp and reports the temp it has though.

It looks like the controls might be working, but the GUI doesn’t show them highlighting to indicate which one is currently set.

If anyone is able to PM a test account we can arrange a time I can do some testing

Unfortunately I thought we were nearly there now Climate 1.0 is out but I still need to make some improvements to the pyIntesisHome library to clean up the async flow.

Hi,

I am running HA version: 0.96.3 but I’m a bit confused as to the installation of IntesisHome. I would like to control my A/C but the custom_component appears not to be working as I keep getting the error that the platform does not exist when adding it to my configuration file.

I see some comments of it being integrated into HA so not sure if I am following the correct installation instructions?

Hi,
I had intensishome running perfectly on 0.95.4 today I update to 0.96.5 and now I get
Error: Testing configuration at /config
Failed config
General Errors:
- Platform not found: climate.intesishome
Successful config (partial)

Does anyone have this problem?

Hi. I’ve running the component and i work perfectly from web UI (I can power on, off, change temperature, mode, fan…) but i’ve two details:

• When I turn on it, allways AC run in auto mode… it not remember if cold or heat mode was stablished…
  • I’ve alexa enabled and i can control all, less fan speeds… anybody know how can I control it? I’ve enabled alexa with Smart Home Api…
    Thanks

Hi @javirnof do you have intensishome runnig on hassio 0.96.5?

Hi @hmatos. Yes intesishome and hass 96.5 (installed on Ubuntu virtual machine, not Raspberry)

and do you have like this

core-ssh:/config# ls custom_components/intesishome/
__init__.py    __pycache__    climate.py     manifest.json
core-ssh:/config# 

configuration.yaml

climate:                                                                                                          
  - platform: intesishome           
    username: [email protected]                                         
    password: !secret intesishome_password

Please make sure you’re using the code from the Home Assistant pull request - I haven’t updated my separate intesishome project yet (sorry for the confusion)

Same files (downloaded yesterday from where jnimmo say…) and config:

root@hass:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant# ls custom_components/intesishome/
__init__.py  __pycache__  climate.py  manifest.json
root@hass:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant#

climate:
  - platform: intesishome
    username: XXXXX
    password: !secret intesishome

Hi, @jnimmo sorry I didn’t realize it was updated in the other repository
Now it loads the component
I’ll test if it works correctly
Thank you very much

Hi, @jnimmo I got the platform for Intesishome loaded however since I cannot login with intesishome directly (airconwithme user…) it does not work. Would the intesisbox version work since the wifi units do have their own web interface which is the same?

If so, that platform is having the same issue not loading in 0.96…

intesisbox is a different firmware and works differently. I asked Intesis abot the differences and if it was possible to flash a home to a box, but apparenly it isn’t.

There are a few quirks with the Climate modules in HA, but I have the IntesisHome working fine.

There is a different Integration for the IntesisBox though.

The airconwithme firmware is also cloud based however you can acces the web interface and control the unit directly without the use of the cloud.

I figured that the intesisbox module would not work regardless so decided to look at other options. I now have a bash script that can control the airconwithme units directly via IP.

Unfortunately I am not really familiar with home assistant yet so not sure how to get this nicely working in HA with a thermostat card.

ah, I didn’t realise you were referring to a different product/firmware…

At first I thought they were not, that airconwithme was just a rebrand or something since they are the same company, use same hardware and the web gui of my units even state intesis…

Oh well, for now I have a bash script, just need to find a way to get it into HA.

Perhaps the airconwithme units can be included in the component or have a seperate component created for it to integrate into HA.

After flicking through the Openhab Airconwithme thread, it looks like it uses the same ASCII API as Intesisbox. If I get some time this week I’ll update the Intesisbox code for Climate 1.0

Hi @jnimmo, did you find some time to fix airconwithme?