Intex Pure Spa wifi control

Hi @michaelhenningersrb, nice card !
How did you manage to add the bubbles and filter icons next to the title ?

Sorry for the delayed answer!

type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: climate.whirlpool
    state_not: unavailable
card:
  type: custom:simple-thermostat
  entity: climate.whirlpool
  step_size: 1
  hide:
    state: true
  sensors:
    - entity: sensor.aussentemperatur_wetterstation
  header:
    icon: mdi:hot-tub
    toggle:
      entity: switch.whirlpool_power
      name: Power
    faults:
      - entity: switch.whirlpool_bubbles
      - entity: switch.whirlpool_filter
      - entity: automation.whirlpool_filterautomatik
  layout:
    mode:
      names: true
      icons: true
      headings: true
  control:
    hvac:
      some_mode: false
      another_mode: false
      'off':
        name: Aus
      heat:
        name: Heizen

1 Like

HI, I’m newbee, but how to connect telnet on Intax Spa, model 2024? i don’t succeed to connect with telnet on 8990, It’s still possible?

Many thx

1 Like

Hi @morbak, I got Intex 28450 model year 2024 and had the same issues. Even the original app “Intex Link-Spa Management” was unable to pair with the spa. By poking around I found out the spa is running on Tuya (opened port 6668). Pairing with SmartLife app was successful. Then I used “Local Tuya” integration to add the spa to Home Assistant. I guess it would work with the native HA Tuya integration as well, but I don’t want to use the cloud access…

1 Like

Thank for this info! I will mention this in the documentation of the homeassistant-intex-spa integration, to help new Intex Spa owners.
Out of curiosity, how good is the management of the various features of the spa with Local Tuya?

Hello,
i don’t see if the integration work for this one

How can i find the compatibility list ?

@kaaribou: It does. I’ll move the compatibility list to the front page of the integration.

1 Like

It covers all the functionality of the original app (have configured switch entities for filtration, sanitation, bubbles and climate entity for heating). The only strange thing I noticed is when I completely block the spa from accessing the Internet (but keep the local network access) using router’s firewall the spa stops sending entity updates (i.e. the filter switch remains in ON state after the filtration is stopped manually via the spa panel or when the timer expires).

When the firewall rules block the outbound traffic from the spa, the spa does not update its various statuses by himself. But does these status eventually update by a polling from Home Assistant?
I sadly never got the chance to learn the Local Tuya protocol, so I might not be of great help here.

What does your network topology look like? Which OS do the firewall, router, switches and AP run?

Some client isolation setting could lead the L2 flow (from within the LAN to somewhere in the LAN) to be routed by the L3 of the firewall, where the flow is dropped/rejected.
Or something to do with mDNS but I never dig into this.