Inverter intergration Victron energy help please

Hi All, some stupid statements and questions to follow… as I am a total noob and would really appreciate some pointers, guidance and general advice.

I am about to install solar solution (Victron) they supply a api but I have no idea where to start to get the information into home assistant.

https://vrmapi.victronenergy.com/v2/docs

Can it be done ?
Where to start ?
Don’t know anything about api’s but will I also be able to pass commands to the Victron? If not just getting the energy information is already 80% of the battle won.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :pray:

Hi. I have a thread on this which I started about 3 years ago. My preferred way is to enable MQTT server on your CCGX under Settings/Services and to install MQTT add on in HA. You can then access all your Victron data directly in HA as MQTT sensors.
You need to create an automation to keep the CCGX server alive.
A big advantage of this over REST calls is that you’re not dependent on a working internet connection, it’s all local.

This is a link to the thread I was referring to.

Thanks a mil Guys, once it is installed and if I get stuck and someone could assist that would be much appreciated, I will even pay for the support or buy you your next automation toy :+1::+1:

Of course we’ll help you out, no strings attached. Just shoot your questions or issues, that’s what these forums are for.
I can’t count the number of times I turned to posts here to figure out things for myself.