Investigate and fix vesync.py to work with new VeSync / Etekcity outlets

after adding the above code and restarting i am getting this error… any ideas where to start?

root@bb8:/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/vesync# cat /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/home-assistant.log | grep vesync
2019-08-27 14:38:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for vesync which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-08-27 14:38:59 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up vesync
2019-08-27 14:39:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component vesync
  File "/config/custom_components/vesync/__init__.py", line 26, in setup
KeyError: 'vesync'
2019-08-27 14:39:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform vesync.switch: Unable to set up component.

I see this thread is 2+ years old, but I have some newer Etekcity outlets that Home Assistant can’t see. It sees my two older ones just fine, but not the new ones. The new ones are the ESW10-USA models.

Is there any hope for the newer pyvesync library to get updated within Home Assistant? Or am I better off trying to figure out how to implement the update myself?

in order to to use etkecity outlets with Home Assistant, does it still run through vesync servers or can it be local the lan and Home IO?