iOS App stuck at splash screen

I have the iOS App for my iPad mini 2 running iOS 12.5.5 - I’m using the Home Assistant iOS app v2022.3

Once I install the app and set it up it will load. But anytime I close the app and try to come back it stays stuck at this splash screen. The only way to get it to load is to uninstall and re-install, and then it only works the first time.

I have HA for my android, iPhone and on local network + nabucasa and they all load without any issues. The debug log shows ‘application starting’. No other information. I have location permissions set to Always and I have it pointed to use my local IP of my HA instance. What is going on? Any help appreciated, I am getting to be very frustrated here.

Screen I’m stuck on:

Debug Log

Settings

Permisions/Settings

Version/About

1 Like

There is an issue on iOS 12 in the frontend. Pulling down to refresh should resolve it each time it occurs.

I didn’t know that, thanks for the link. I’m not sure I’ve tried pulling down to refresh, I’ll give it a go next time I’m at the device. Thank you!

Same here, any advice ?

There is also an other thread:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ios-app-shows-only-a-blank-screen/358530/7

1 Like

As simple as it is, pulling down to refresh fixed the issue for me. I’m not sure why I didn’t try that sooner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for a tablet hanging on the wall as an informative home-panel, just starting the screen just when walking by, this is not a great experience.

Someone wants to know the weather when walking by, blank screen. - need to pull for refresh sucks in this case.

Under the sidebar select your username on the device, then unselect Automatically Close Connection after 5min - This paired with display setting keeping the screen on and I never have to pull down to refresh unless I’m relaunching the app

1 Like