iOS component cannot be loaded after upgrade from 0.77.3 to 0.78.3

Hello everyone.

After upgrading from 0.77.3 to 0.78.3, my iOS component cannot be loaded anymore (had no issues before and config is valid), I get a persistent notification mentioning zeroconf and ios:

and the following messages in log

2018-09-22 19:35:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zeroconf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zeroconf.py", line 55, in setup
    zeroconf.register_service(info)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/zeroconf.py", line 1836, in register_service
    self.check_service(info, allow_name_change)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/zeroconf.py", line 1952, in check_service
    raise NonUniqueNameException
zeroconf.NonUniqueNameException
2018-09-22 19:35:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of ios. Setup failed for dependencies: zeroconf
2018-09-22 19:35:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for ios: Could not set up all dependencies.

Versions of pip packages installed:

zeroconf==0.21.2
netifaces==0.10.7
netdisco==2.1.0

Don’t know if this might be related with the discovery issues in 0.78.x and wondering if anyone else has similar issues or not.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

1 Like

same problem.

same problem here

same here :wave:

There’s no good explanation or solution to this yet?

Just trying to work out what the common thread is here. Have you guys all updated to iOS 12 yet?

I haven’t and the app is still working for me.

I didn’t, but still i don’t think this is related to the iOS version you have installed.

I have opened a Github issue for this, considering the number of people complaining about it - https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/16926.

Thanks in advance

The other thing you could try is the public beta of the new app: Public Beta Testing is now open!

I’m not sure how this is an iOS app issue.

Hass is having issues booting up and setting up the iOS component due to issues with zeroconf.

3 Likes

Yep, not a app issue for sure. The iOS component relies on ZeroConf being up before it can start.

1 Like

Yeah sorry. Got confused between the app and component.

I am having the same issue on my setup: Hass.io on an ubuntu virtual machine (installed by the script from github). Untill the last update everything was working, now the mentioned components won’t load.

Same issue after similar upgrade on hassbian. I have another older HA instance on my network, I saw a thread somewhere suggesting that could mess up zeroconf, but unless that is common to the rest of you I suspect that’s not it.

1 Like

Please check Github issue I opened, I figured it out myself and it is no longer a problem - https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/16926#issuecomment-425712291

It was a user interface issue between the laptop and the chair.

Thanks to @pplucky I found out I forgot about a second instance of home assistant running on my network (both had the same “name” in the configuration.yaml). Killed the docker container of my second -forgotten- instance and the error disappeared.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, that was my issue as well!

1 Like