iOS notifications and component not configured after restore

Thank you.

I’ve done that but it’s not recreating the ios.conf file.

I deleted the iOS integration and re added it. It’s showing “this integration has no devices”. However, the app still communicates with HassIO.

Stumped!

Yeah but have you updated your push settings?

Sorry, yes, I have done that too. Several times.

:man_shrugging: No clue then! That integration has caused me problems. It’s possible that the push is broken because I tried to use it the other day and it didn’t work. I had to manually place the push_id into the .ios.config file.

You need to have the app open at the settings page for it to be recognised. Either at restart or wait about 5 minutes.

1 Like

The log now shows:

2018-11-24 13:56:14 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=92 from 2018-11-24 13:49:37.864844)
2018-11-24 13:56:17 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for device_tracker.life360 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2018-11-24 13:56:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover.mqtt] Payload is not True or False: stop
2018-11-24 13:56:27 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.util.json] Could not parse JSON content: /config/.ios.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/util/json.py”, line 30, in load_json
return json.loads(fdesc.read()) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/init.py”, line 354, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py”, line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py”, line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2018-11-24 13:56:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component ios
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/util/json.py”, line 30, in load_json
return json.loads(fdesc.read()) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/init.py”, line 354, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py”, line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py”, line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 145, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/init.py”, line 203, in async_setup
load_json, hass.config.path(CONFIGURATION_FILE))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/util/json.py”, line 36, in load_json
raise HomeAssistantError(error)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2018-11-24 13:56:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of notify.ios. Setup failed for dependencies: ios
2018-11-24 13:56:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform notify.ios: Could not set up all dependencies.
2018-11-24 13:56:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Unknown notification service specified
2018-11-24 13:56:28 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed [SQL: ‘INSERT INTO events (event_type, event_data, origin, time_fired, created, context_id, context_user_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)’] [parameters: (‘service_registered’, ‘{“domain”: “recorder”, “service”: “purge”}’, ‘LOCAL’, ‘2018-11-24 13:56:13.088364’, ‘2018-11-24 13:56:28.858349’, ‘xxxxxxx’, None)] (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/4xp6)
2018-11-24 13:56:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service notify/ios_ash_x
2018-11-24 14:11:50 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor.mqtt] No matching payload found for entity: Garage Motion with state_topic: tele/Garage_RF_Bridge/RESULT
2018-11-24 14:11:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor.mqtt] No matching payload found for entity: Garage Motion with state_topic: tele/Garage_RF_Bridge/RESULT
2018-11-24 14:11:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service notify/iphone
2018-11-24 14:11:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor.mqtt] No matching payload found for entity: Garage Motion with state_topic: tele/Garage_RF_Bridge/RESULT
2018-11-24 14:11:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service notify/iphone
2018-11-24 14:11:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service notify/ios_ash_x

Thats the same error

See this section for discovery.

You have just installed the app and are at the getting started screen.

Automated discovery and component loading only happens at first install of the app. You may need to wait a few minutes for the iOS component to load as the discovery component only scans the network every 5 minutes.

Ah, seems like he should delete the component and install the app again. Explains why i’ve always had to install the app again when I switch hardware.

Yes, I tried both of those. Still no joy.

I’ve done that as well.

I know. Nothing seems to be changing.

Do it in this specific order:

1. delete/rename ios.conf and delete the ios integration from the configuration/integrations/ios page
  2. delete and reinstall the app
  3. keep the app open on the app settings page
  4. restart HA
  5. go to integrations and set up ios.

Thanks Tom. I’ve done that. Still the same.

I’ve now put back the SD card with the instance I made the snapshot from and all is good. No need to do anything with the app. It all just works.

Only difference is 0.81.6 Hassio and MQTT 3.

I’m glad you got it working.

I’m becoming less of a fan of integrations. I had a heck of a time when I upgraded my phone recently (deleting the old and getting notify to work with the new). Then I had a problem with an auto discovered Wemos D1 mini (had to delete all of them to fix one). Then I never could get sonoff discovery to work, though I explained what I did for another user and it worked perfectly for them.

Well, it’s not really working as I needed.

I started this morning with creating a new SD card with Hassio and then restoring a saved snapshot.

I’m loathe to update HassIO and Mosquitto MQTT directly onto my working system after all of the pain I suffered from the recent MQTT débâcle. I was just trying it out whilst keeping a fully working version.

Like you, I’m not a fan of integrations, discovery or auto updates. I have around 80 MQTT devices and 40 ish other Wifi devices integrated with Home Assistant. When it all goes wrong it’s a real headache.

I appreciate all of the help.

Seems like the image you pulled this morning isn’t complete or you didnt allow it to fully update. Wipe the drive and start over. Bring a copy of the .ios.conf from the working setup too just in case.

For what it’s worth, i did this the other day without using snapshot and just dragging and dropping the files and it worked. The only difference is I had to re-setup all the add-ons.

I’ll give it another go though that was the process I followed. It was just the ios.conf file that was missing and I copied it across.

I just extracted all of the files from the snapshot and the ios.conf file is in there but with zero bytes.

That might be by design. Whats troubling is that you delete it and nothing is fixed. To me that seems like an issue with the install. This is all conjecture though.

I’m now at a complete loss with this.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday a couple of days trying to get my iOS notifications back.

New RPi, new sd card, new hassio build from scratch. Nothing.

I just now deleted my iOS integration on my master system and for the first time got a message saying restart to complete the deletion.

Restarted. I now have no iOS integration and my notifications are back!

Flakey to say the least.