iOS Push issues with only one iPhone

So weird, and strange, I have uninstalled the app, cleared the cahce, signed out, reset settings, restarted HA, etc. Still get access denied when attempted to to an actionable notificaton from her phone. She can control all the HA devices in the front end, just the actionable notifications seem to be the issue. Does not matter if its Wi-Fi or cellular connected. Maybe I’ll reset her password, I have not tried that

I deleted her user and created a new user, and still am getting invalid attempt. Is there a list of devices that have been black listed that I can look for?

Had similar issues before, and endpoints disabled etc etc.
What helped me was deleting the entities in the registry, and restart HA.
And, of course, after each change in notification settings, update accordingly using the settings in the app…

In my entiry registry I just see battery level and battery State. Is there somewhere else I should delete? This is a good idea, just need make sure to clean it all out. :slight_smile:
Thanks

the obvious one is the device_registry, though I think only your phone itself is listed there, and not the HA instance of your app.

what I just did yesterday to get things going again after having setup a new phone, is rename the device_id in the app. This is the id that is used for the iOS messaging. Make it different from your phone name, as in the iPhone settings general/info/name.

that way at least you can easily check if the devices are added correctly in known_devices.yaml, which would be the 3rd place you check and delete old entries :wink:

just finished my iOS messaging center to be able to check it all :slight_smile:

I’m totally confused, but still unable to get this working. Here is what I have done

• Signed out and back in
  • deleted user and recreated user in HA front end
  • Deleted iOS app, reset app, cleared safari cache
  • changed notify name
  • Deleted from entity registry UI and in the .storage core file
  • Restarted HA several times during these processes

It’s just one phone, and this phone had been working for months, probably stopped working in the last few updates, but not sure if it an iphone update, or HA update, but regardless, Still unable to get anywhere with actionable notifications. She get’s the notification, just unable to take “action” always gets

2019-11-11 12:05:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from My IP Here

You have a user name setup for her right? And that’s being used in the app?

Nothing in ip_ban.yaml?

Yes, I even deleted the user, and created a new one (since I could not change the password any other way that I could see).

I dont have an ip_ban.yaml (that I can see), and also It bans her from local IP, as well as cellular IP

try these steps, different issue but it worked for me in the past

I’ve tried those again and still no luck. I even signed in to her phone with my username and still get the same error. Is there a way to check the endpoint?

Wow, Unfortunately I have given up for the moment. I had forgotten about .ios.conf so, when I saw that I had hoped it would fix the issue. Unfortunately, even after deleting from .ios.conf, entity registry, uninstalling, reinstalling, renaming, I’m still getting the failed logon attempt.

I powered off my HA instance, and did a hard reset on her phone as well. I’ve used my account and her account. Cleared safari history. I’ll come back to this later.

Have you tried this in the beta? Might just be a good ole bug

I have not tried the beta yet, that is a possibility. I just dont know exactly how long this has been going on. I discovered about a week ago, but it was from a push notification that I dont use very often, so it could have been going on for a while longer. That is definitely a possibility about it being a bug though. I’ll check it out

I have an iPhone 6 because I’m delaying the ‘removal of a headphone jack’. I can try an actionable notification and see if it works. Do you have example service handy that I can just copy/paste?

That would be great.

Here’s my actual example

- alias: Actionable Open Garage Door When Tracy gets Home Test
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - switch.stairwell_light
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.ha_runtime_in_minutes
    above: 1
  - condition: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.open_garage_for_tracy
    state: 'off'
  action:
  - service: notify.ios_tracys_iphone
    data:
      message: "Looks like you're Shopping.  Do you want the garage to open when you get home?"
      data:
        push:
          category: "shopping_alert"

- alias: iOS Actionable Notification to open Garage when Tracy Gets Home
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: ios.notification_action_fired
    event_data:
      actionName: OPEN_GARAGE_WHEN_I_GET_HOME
  condition:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.ha_runtime_in_minutes
    above: 1
  action:
  - service: input_boolean.turn_on
    entity_id: input_boolean.open_garage_for_tracy

and the push

ios:
  push:
    categories:
      - name: Shopping Alert
        identifier: 'shopping_alert'
        actions:
          - identifier: 'CANCEL_SHOPPING_ALERT'
            title: 'No'
          - identifier: 'OPEN_GARAGE_WHEN_I_GET_HOME'
            title: 'Yes'

All I’m looking to do is turn on the input_boolean, of course it never does because of the failed authentication. Thanks for the help

I am beginning to think this is a bug or breaking change, gotta dig deeper. Today my phone is unable to push it’s location to my HA Server. Getting the error “Failed to send current location to server. The error was Response status code was unacceptable: 401”

I did do a lot of signing in/out on both my phone and my wifes yesterday, but not much more than that. Her location updated today and mine did not. Just weird

I’m beginning to think that this might have to do with the auth provider changes in 101? Basically now I’m having the same issue as my other iphone since I cleared some bearer tokens, etc from my phone while troubleshooting.

Maybe I have a configuration that is off that I did not realize?

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
    - type: homeassistant
  customize: !include customize.yaml
  packages: !include_dir_named packages
  whitelist_external_dirs:
    - '/tmp'
# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes/
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/hass-bha-icons.html
  javascript_version: latest

http:
  ssl_certificate: !secret ssl_certificate_path
  ssl_key: !secret ssl_certificate_key_path
  base_url: !secret base_ha_url
api:

This is from my configuration.yaml, does this all look generally correct?

I guess what I dont fully understand is that I am able to sign into the app, and control my lights, switches, etc. But I cannot “send” stuff back to HA, which is what makes me think it is an API issue?

Update: I enabled Legacy auth

auth_providers:
    - type: homeassistant
    - type: legacy_api_password
      api_password: !secret http_password

then in my iOS app, Selected Use Legacy Auth, and my app now seems to be working. I then unchecked use Legacy auth in the app, and it’s still working. I’ll check my wifes phone tonight, and also disable again in config.yaml,and see if it still is working