IOT Link - Windows Management using MQTT

Hi,

This were the only error lines in your logs? Also, have you done a clean install to ensure everything was correct or do you had previous version before?

You can try to use this fix to see if anything changes for you:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/perfmon-problems-unable-to-add-counters/e90f231d-0014-457d-8b1f-5f342971597a?auth=1

2 Likes

This fix worked! Thank you.

But I did uninstall, reboot and then install - did that twice.

Hey,

Glad it worked. I just asked about uninstall/install to make sure. Actually, this fix is something apart from that, probably your Windows installation messed up with these performance register somehow, and these commands just fixed it.

Did you run only the lodctr /r command or did have to enable something with lodctr /e:?

Regards,

I had to run lodctr /R

lodctr /r ended with error code 2 (then I googled about it).

Didn’t run lodctr /e:

Thanks for a great application.

A quick question, are there any more addons beyond the 2 that are included by default?

Specifically, I’m wondering if there is an addon to report CPU temperatures?

Many thanks.

I’m using IOT Link for some basic system monitoring. For temperatures, I’m using a different HA project: PCInfoToMQTT v0.1.3

I’ve been using IOTLink for some time and everything works great (thanks for an awesome project!). I recently add a UPS and hoped I would be able to gain information through the battery sensor; however I receive the following error:

No matching payload found for entity: MyPC Battery Status with state topic: iotlink/workgroup/mypc/windows-monitor/stats/battery/status. Payload: NoSystemBattery, with value template None

The UPS is connected via USB and Windows does see it as a battery backup. Is there a change to the config needed to see it?

Some sort of issue happening here

a massive massive massive memory leak, using 17GB

EDIT : i might be on a old version will update and get back to you

are you using the latest version, the leak was identified to do with the audio component and it was disabled by default.

:wink: that said i have the audio stuff disabled. will check when i have time for now i need to stop using it.

1 Like

I have 2 servers, one always ends up showing unknown for all the sensors and starting the PC is offline even though it’s not, the other shows unknown for the hard drives (but it’s random). Both are Win10 PC’s.

I find it very unreliable. Looses random the mqtt connection, the lwt is always ‘off’, even while I see other mqtt messages passing in mqtt explorer.

Is there a better alternative? Something to see status and allow reboot?

it’s been nearly flawless for me. I had an older version that would lose connection, simply fixed by restarting the service. but that hasn’t happened since the current version for me. i’m running it on 3 pc’s.

Well, I’m on the latest version, service is set to restart on failure, but simply is unreliable. I have 63 mqtt devices (tasmota etc…) that work reliable over mqtt, so it is not a mqtt issue. Latest Windows 10 version, with patches applied upto may 2020. Not on 2004 yet however.

I already am running my own MQTT server. Assuming it’s running at 192.168.1.99 username/password, how can I configure IOT link to use that server and not create its own MQTT server?

I don’t think IOTLink creates it’s own mqtt server. In the configuration you have to specify your (own) server.

Maybe someone could tell me if IOTLink can accomplish what I need. I’d like to be able to use IFTTT to send a MQTT message and have that “caught” by IOTLink, and for that to run a powershell script based upon the MQTT message.

To control volume I’m using an input number entity and an automation:

input_number:
  pc_volume:
    name: PC Volume
    initial: 100
    min: 0
    max: 100
    step: 1
    unit_of_measurement: "%"
  - alias: 'PC Volume Control'
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: input_number.pc_volume
    action:
      - service: mqtt.publish
        data:
          topic: "iotlink/workgroup/XXXXXX/commands/volume/set"
          payload_template: "{{ states('input_number.pc_volume') }}"

1 Like

@alexslx

I now upgraded iot to the latest version and the volume set and volume mute stopped working, set keys and run are still working just fine

any ideas?