IoTorero joins Works with Home Assistant

I’m using 4 EU Energy measurement plugs, two presence sensors and two WLED controllers for about a year. Really happy with the quality so far. Integration to HA is flawless. Hope to see some Thread products in the future…

Nice to see them join WWHA!

Just the warning to everyone this company is disgusting.They used to be called Anthom. They basically just try to catfish a lovely company, a smart home company from sweden, I think it was
They had to take them all the way through the courts. Up to the high court in the European Union, at which point they were banned from selling into Europe. They were just absolutely awful company. So much money, because they were just thoroughly that suits thugs, and if you look on Alex, express hair pricing is so overpriced, I mean it’s ridiculous, you will notice that if you’ve ever used one of their devices or updates or something like Simple, like w led, because then bulls it up. Honestly, you guys at that company, if you’re going to try and be part of a smart home and community that pieces of software like home assistance, maybe you should think about the devices that you’re flogging, that aren’t up to Canada. I mean some of the electronics inside your devices
Just beyond a joke.

1 Like

They are selling into Europe - and the US & Australia.

They may have a less than great QC system - although everything they’ve sent me works flawlessly and the plugs I’ve disassembled seem to have fairly well designed PCBs & ESP modules, as do their patress switches & WLED controllers.

Shipping costs to the UK mean it’s better to buy more than one at once but they’ve arrived on time so far. A P110 from Amazon costs Ā£9.00 (or Ā£7.50 each for four). An Athom v2 costs $9.94 for a far more flexible and reliable device or $14.35 for the ESP32-C3 version which can also double as a BLE proxy.

I hear axes being ground along with some dodgy Google Translate.

I’ve bought their Tasmota LED controllers and flashed ESPHome on them.
It works great. In fact, that’s the best lighting i could find.
They should sell the pre-flashed ESPHome variants of their LED controllers.

Just an FYI for the community here: I had an IoTorero smart switch connected to my chest freezer so I could monitor power usage. Not sure what happened, perhaps a power glitch or power spike, but regardless the ESP32 crashed and the internal relay opened, thus interrupting power to the freezer. Luckily I caught the problem a few hours later before food started to thaw. I ended up opening the case and replacing the relay with a solid copper wire so this would never happen again.

The internal relay has N.O. contacts, so any software failure may disconnect the power output of the smart plug. If you have a critical device connected like a refrigerator, freezer, computer, etc. you may want to remove the internal relay and by-pass it so if a fault occurs the connected device remains powered up.

FYI, IoTorero (Athom) also sells no-relay smart plugs -i.e., power monitor only.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the N.O. is the default with the CPU GPIO in reset hi-Z for most brands/models of smart plug/switch. In most circumstances ā€˜fail disconnected’ is safer for mains equipment.

1 Like

First time purchasing an Athom product - their garage door opener, it arrived with IoTorero branding.

Everything wired up and working for about 2 weeks, then the relay started triggering randomly, opening the garage door at random times of the day. This is occurs despite:

  • The garage door having no history of random openings.
  • All remote fobs removed from the garage door.
  • No automation linked to the Athom unit.
  • The Athom unit connected to an isolated VLAN with no WAN access.
  • Encrypted ESPHome/HA API access.
  • Disabled web portal.
  • Disabled Bluetooth proxy.
  • Disabled the on-board button.
  • HA instance only available locally/accessible via limited devices with VPN.
  • No record in HA of users triggering the Athom unit.

Reached out to support via email twice, never received any response since our original support request more than a week ago.

Considering the lack of support, quality of the product, and we almost lost our dog because of this, I wouldn’t recommend nor use any of their product that requires a minimum level of reliability in your home.

I installed a RATGDO 32:

Works very well with ESP Home.

I’d like to put another on my shed door opener. Just need a taller ladder - it’s a 4 metre tall door.

1 Like

Try using the latest configuration. The new configuration adds button debouncing. Your problem might be that button bouncing is triggering a relay.


Please, for the love of God, don’t buy stuff from this company. It’s electrically unsound, this is the third W led controller. I have to fall that I bought from them that have pretty much fused a nearly set on fire. I mean take it as red anthom as they were known got banned from selling their goods in the whole of the e.U. electrically, unsound morally bankrupt and overcharging for the crap that they’re trying to sell

1 Like

Check out HAIR: GitHub - DAB-LABS/HAIR: Infrared (IR) device admin panel for Home Assistant. Learn signals, assign to devices, create triggers, all from the GUI. Built on HA 2026.6+ infrared platform. Ā· GitHub