Is it possible to turn off the blue light indicator on a Jasco 12722 and 14287 zwave switch?

Last I checked the is no way to disable the LED.

Yes

There are three option for device in zwavejs

ON when OFF
ON when ON
Always OFF

I not test but should work

FROM HA UI
Configuration >> zwavejs >> devices >> this device >> configure device >> look for associated parameter and change it

Or go to device In zwavejs UI and change it there

This is true for most JASCO device but I not remember if I have the specific you list above

1 Like

You should be able to disable the LED for the 12722 via the aforementioned configuration parameter.

Unfortunately the 14287 fan controller does not support this parameter, so there is no “always off” capability. The best you can do is inverse the behavior by quickly tapping the switch with the sequence ON ON ON OFF. It will toggle between “LED on when switch is off” and “LED on when switch is on”, but won’t allow “Always off”.

1 Like

I was able to get the 14287 to work, but the 12722 is not showing up in the node list. Seems like it just displays the most recent ones I added. Is there a way to get the full list to display?

The 14287 does work using the method above, there was a option for Always off and it worked, but I can’t figure out how to get the full node list to load. The 12722 was added a while back so i’m not seeing that in the list.

Where did you see an option for Always off for the 14287? It’s not part of the Z-Wave JS device configuration. What firmware version is the switch?

I’m not sure how you tell the firmware version

Oh… you’re using legacy z-wave. The option was removed from Z-Wave JS. It does not work for my 14287 on firmware 5.20. The behavior might be different based on firmware version.

lol yea I haven’t made the jump, not ready to redo everything or have time to mess with it right now.

Look at “node information” showed in your screenshot

You can add the configuration parameter 3 and then ability would be back

I’d expect all jasco using parameter 3 for this so if not there you may manually add

Would be good to submit to zwavejs github
I don’t have these specific switch so I not do it since I cannot test first. Test not required just something I prefer to do before submit.

No, the device physically does not respond to the configuration parameter settings. I’ve tried it many times in the past, both with OZW and with Z-Wave JS (you can use the zwavejs2mqtt control panel to manually set it). The setting has absolutely no effect on the LED behavior for my switch.

Jasco has claimed many times they disable it for fan controllers on purpose (at least for older versions). Which is why I asked about FW version. Here is one of may threads out there GE / Jasco Z-Wave Fan Speed Control 14287 Notification light won't turn off - Connected Things - SmartThings Community

I personally have already been through this adventure before: GE Fan Switch 14287 - #18 by kylerw

If someone is reporting that the configuration parameter is working for this device, it’s the first I’ve heard of it!

FWIW, I have 4 of the 14287 units and for me ON ON ON OFF does disable the LED. It only flashes the speed when turned on or changing speeds but the LED is not ‘on’ when the fan is on or off. Firmware version is 5.24.

Your saying tap the switch on 3 times then off disables the LED?

Then maybe there’s a difference in the firmware version. ON ON ON OFF does not result in “Always off” for me.

What about the configuration parameter, have you ever been successful with that?

No, I don’t think there is a valid parameter for this setting.

Except when changing speeds, including from off to on. The LED flashes at different rates to indicate speed.

if you are using Z-Wave JS, re-interview the device and you will get the an option under configuration for changing the LED. This is what just worked for me.

Yes, it’s enabled now based on firmware version, >= 5.24. Those of us with older switches are out of luck.