Is there a way to get events for goals in the german Bundesliga 2?

Hello,
I have the following situation:

I live in germany, and i’m a fan of the 2nd Bundesliga club HSV (Hamburger Sportverein).
Is there a way to get some kind of event in HA when they scored a goal, to e.g let a light blink or do other things?
If so, how could that work?

Best reagrds and thanks in advance
Aaron

See here

and here

1 Like

But how could I use that for the second Bundesliga, I only see the first one?

Take a look at the wiki, where you can customize your wanted leagues. ESPN offers “2.Bundesliga” at their API and can be used in the custom_component. You just need to configure it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: check the API at ESPN, as stated in the wiki, and you will get here:

http://sports.core.api.espn.com/v2/sports/soccer/leagues/ger.2?lang=en&region=de

1 Like

@paddy0174 thank you very much, I’ll try and see how fast it gets the goal events when they play again next week :grinning:

1 Like

It polls the API every five seconds during the game so you will get the update very soon after ESPN published it.

1 Like

OK, so after a test run over two games, I discarded the idea of blinking the lights on goal, because the delay is nearly 30s which really makes it look “out of sync” with the goal being scored. Can I somehow make it more responsive, e.g make it poll more frequently if in game?
The data is being received too late, and when it is finally received, the blinking of the lights doesn’t make sense anymore because the game is already continuing normally

I doubt you can reach that goal. That would only work, if you would trigger that automation from your TV, where you are watching the game.

The thing is, synchronizing the different streams from different broadcasters with the ESPN Api is out of your reach. And if you think about it, you already have a time difference up to 20 seconds even from one broadcaster in different streams, that’s simply too much… :slight_smile:

Just try it next Saturday (tomorrow) and stream the game on different devices in your household. You will notice a big difference, even on the same LAN/Wifi.

My neighbours hate me for the last World Championship. I was always two or three seconds earlier as they were, revelling a goal. I was streaming via Telekom, where they were watching ARD/ZDF (linear television).

Sorry to say, but I doubt that would work in any way.

You might want to take a look at something that can “scan” the stream you get, before you send it to the TV. An example of what I’m thinking would be Hyperion. You know, the ambilight system for your TV.
There the incoming data (stream) is split between a Pi and the TV, and the Pi scans that stream and switches the LED stripe accordingly. But I have no idea, how or with what software you could scan that stream. Frigate does something like that, but if a scanning technique to identify people or cars can be changed to scan for a goal… I really don’t know! :slight_smile:

1 Like