Is there a way to manually configure official PS4 component?

Hi everyone,

I see that the PS4 component was officially introduced in 0.89. However, the configuration explains that this needs to be integrated through the Integrations section:

Navigate to Configuration → Integrations and press the plus button in the bottom right corner. Select PlayStation 4 from the list of integrations.

I configure my whole system through YAML files and I wonder if it’s possible to add it that way. There’s no documentation on the parameters or alike, but based on the source code, I would imagine something like:

media_player:
  - platform: ps4
    token:
    host:
    region:
    name:
  • name is clear as it’s user define.
  • host is unclear, but most likely IP of the PS4.
  • region is unclear. It’s documented here but it’s unclear if this should be the full name or a 2-letter code or equivalent.
  • token is unclear how to obtain it. There’s a config_flow but I am not sure if I can trigger it without going through the Integration.

Does anyone have more information?

PS: I know there are custom_components and I’ve tried them in the past. I was just wondering if I could try the official component but configure it this way.

Thank you,
Nito

OK. Re-reading all, I have my own answer (I should probably have re-read before posting). The Configuration section does mention that this must be done through the Integration.

I have created a feature request instead.