Is there a way to use a hyperlink in a notification to get to the Home Assistant Media Browser?

I want to generate a notification and include in the notification a hyperlink that points back to a video in my Media Browser. Is it possible to do? I’ve been looking high and low and I can’t find any posts about if this is possible and the documentation doesn’t seem to have any pointers so I’m sorta doubting it is possible…

It depends what’s your purpose.
If it is about using a HA url to play an item in an external player, that won’t work.

To answer this, you should specify your needs and wants.

What is the starting point, and where do you want to go with this? What triggers the notification, what should happen after the trigger, are there any conditions to be met?

1 Like

I have Frigate set up now and it has HA notifications. With my old security camera setup, when there was an object detected on a camera Home Assistant would step up and send need a notification with the picture (see this post for an example of what I’m talking about). Frigate already uploads the picture and video files to the Media Browser, I just want to embed a hyperlink to the Media Browser into the notification (so I can click the notification and it will take me to the video in the Media Browser). Maybe instead of just a standard URL there is some way for me to issue a call to the Home Assistant app pulling up the page with the capture information?

That’s basically what I’d like to enable.

Someone’s already done this, look at blueprints

1 Like

Thanks @petro! That did the trick!