Is there an easy way to backup/restore Hass.io?

Hi there, I also search for an easy way to backup my HA installation. I think I’ve done a mistake. I would try out the HA and liked it so much that I use my test installation productive now. I’ve installed the HA with Ubuntu Snaps. So, now I have a HA core installation and can’t use add-ons :frowning:

I’ve found some solutions for cloud backup and so on. But no ways to easy copy files to an USB drive or something.

I know how to create a snapshot with snap and the snaps are stored in /var/lib/snapd/snapshots. But I can only accessing it via root access. Is there an easy way to automate a copy to an connected USB drive? I’m not a pro in linux based systems and new to HA :smiley:

Thanks a lot!

I have been using this: hassio-addons/samba-backup at master · thomasmauerer/hassio-addons · GitHub

At least with me, it does not do the backup automatically but now I can easily access my HAOS folders from my PC/phone and copy everything I need to a safer place.

My HAOS setup is pretty new and I will be moving it to a dedicated miniPC so whatever.
I might need another solution coz the auto backup isn’t working.