Is there any basic tutorial on Hassio?

I am entirely new to Home Automation and I don’t find a single place to start. I have done the below things, but don’t know how to proceed and what to do next. I am trying to set few things in the configuration.yaml, but I don’t know why I am doing it. I don’t know why I should use a binary_sensor or device_tracker or anything. Is there any tutorial that explains the config yaml? I have also copy pasted my yaml file for reference

1. Tasmotised few switches
  2. Tasmotised few plugs

Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)

default_config:

http:
base_url: https://secret.duckdns.org:8123
ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem

Text to speech

tts:

• platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml

switch:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “MasterBedroomLight”
    state_topic: “stat/sw_lroom/POWER”
    command_topic: “cmnd/sw_lroom/POWER”
    availability_topic: “tele/sw_lroom/LWT”
    qos: 1
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    payload_available: “Online”
    payload_not_available: “Offline”
    retain: false

device_tracker:

• platform: ping
    track_new_devices: True
    consider_home: 300
    hosts:
    iPhone: 192.168.1.108

binary_sensor:

• platform: ping
    name: HisenseTv
    host: 192.168.1.100
    count: 2
    scan_interval: 30

Please see the sticky post for how to format code correctly (and other things).

You mean other than the documentation? Each individual component will show you how to configure it, and that includes whether it’s a binary_sensor:, device_tracker: or what.

I think he’s saying he doesn’t what what a binary_sensor or device_tracker is. I think he’s looking for “Home Assistant Concepts”…

@Sathishbs - all I can tell you is to read read read. Start with getting started on the home assistant home page.

a binary_sensor is an on/off type of sensor. something that has only two states - hence the name ‘binary’ (open/closed, on/off, motion/no_motion, etc.). A device_tracker is exactly what it sounds like an entity in home assistant the tracks a device. A common one is to install the Home Assistant app on your phone, which will create a device_tracker that represents your phone. Through that, you can make an automation the does things when you arrive somewhere, leave somewhere, etc.

Thanks Steve, you tried your best to make me start reading. I will start

There is the glossary but it doesn’t cover things like that - currently anyway.